Yt capra al comp or capra cf pro

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Yt capra al comp or capra cf pro
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 19:49 Quote
hey everyone I posted this same question in a different forum but hoping this may get seen by more. I am in the market for a new rig and trying to decide between the capra al comp or the cf pro. I am more familiar with fox suspension but have nothing against the rockshox. I am coming from a DH background and plan on using the bike mainly for downhill riding but like the ability to pedal and due to a change in location needing a more pedal friendly bike. I am mainly curious if it is worth the extra 1000$ to go carbon and save the 1 lb? thanks for the help!

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 7:29 Quote
Stick with the al version and use that 1000$ for a dhx2 coil. I have the al comp, xxl at 36.5#, coil f/r 180mm, assegai tires f/r.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EsHcXrzTz1mmXxpC8

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 10:39 Quote
Redram59 wrote:
Stick with the al version and use that 1000$ for a dhx2 coil. I have the al comp, xxl at 36.5#, coil f/r 180mm, assegai tires f/r.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EsHcXrzTz1mmXxpC8

Sick build dude! Is that a Vorsprung Smashpot in the 36? How do you like it? Capra must be crazy capable with 180/180 36 coil/DHX2 and Assegai DH tires.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 15:15 Quote
Thanks for the input! And agreed on the sick looking rig.... well done

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 21:31 Quote
Thanks this is kinda my dream build, next are some we the people hoops and hydra straight pull hubs.

Yeah smashpot in the 36 up front, soon to have a avalanche cartridge in it. I just dropped from a 45# spring to a 40#, gives about 45mm sag. 400lb spring in rear for 30% sag. I weigh 175 out of the shower. I mention this because finding coil info for the front is next to impossible forbeider weight.

The capra absolutely rips anything I can hang on to. Just point down and hang on for the ride. Swapped the rotors to hope and kinda put the icing on the cake. Pedals damn good for what it is too.

Posted: Oct 17, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
@brodieFreerider: what did you end up getting? The capra cf pro vs AL comp, is only a $300 price difference

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009421
Mobile Version of Website