Magura mt7 bite point

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Magura mt7 bite point
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 2:49 Quote
That sound to me like there's air in the system somewhere @jonrbf.

Seems that some brakes are easier to bleed than others.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 10:28 Quote
any idea what can be the cause?

I bled the front brake and in the bikestand it felt good. Firm bite point after several lever pulls.
Yesterday at the bike park it started fading during prolonged braking, but releasing the lever seemed as if it made a reset and I had braking power again for a short while.

Today at home I did another bleed of the front brake and again it feels good in the bikestand.
I'll be leaving for a bike trip to the Alps this Friday, and we will be doing a lot of long steep sections... Not good if this happens there...

Any idea what can cause this "reset"/regaining of power by releasing the lever?
If air would be trapped somewhere, why does it feel nice and firm in the bikestand?
Any particlar area I should pay attention to?

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 22:38 Quote
KoenR wrote:
any idea what can be the cause?

I bled the front brake and in the bikestand it felt good. Firm bite point after several lever pulls.
Yesterday at the bike park it started fading during prolonged braking, but releasing the lever seemed as if it made a reset and I had braking power again for a short while.

Today at home I did another bleed of the front brake and again it feels good in the bikestand.
I'll be leaving for a bike trip to the Alps this Friday, and we will be doing a lot of long steep sections... Not good if this happens there...

Any idea what can cause this "reset"/regaining of power by releasing the lever?
If air would be trapped somewhere, why does it feel nice and firm in the bikestand?
Any particlar area I should pay attention to?

Thanks!

Take your time pushing the oil from the caliper with a large syringe and get a big bottle attached to the lever to catch the fluid,( I use a 100ml syringe) also make sure the lever is at 60deg upright the bleed port must be up high, (not parallel to the ground or slighlty up) push a large amount of oil slowly and taping lightly the mc so any bubbles that are trapped finfd their way out, take your time don't force it! Also make sure you clean, lube and reset the pistons at the same position, if one of the pistons is slightly in, it would give you a soft bite after it resets. Make sure to back off the bat adjustment.

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 23:49 Quote
Maverick-dm wrote:
On the bleeding point. I don't do the the push pull from lever and caliper as per magura recommendations.
I find this introduces air. I only push fluid up from the bottom (caliper) while tapping everything with a screwdriver handle to release any trapped air.

So do you do just one pass of fluid then?

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 23:55 Quote
That's what I also found works best

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 5:45 Quote
As Maverick-dm mentioned above, I've also had good luck with only pushing fluid from the caliper while tapping lines with a screwdriver handle or small wrench.

Also, after bleeding and closing everything up, I pull the lever as tight as I can and put a toe strap around to hold it overnight. Some world cup mechanics do it, saw it on a pit bits post once. Next morning I top off the fluid at the lever and go riding with solid-feeling, non-fading brakes.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010595
Mobile Version of Website