Ride Log filters out too many trails that were ridden in smaller pieces

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Ride Log filters out too many trails that were ridden in smaller pieces
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 9:11 Quote
It looks like Trailforks only shows a trail in the list in a ride log if you a significant portion of it. I can't tell what the criteria is, but I think it is too aggressive in filtering out sections of trail within a ride. My local trails are packed closely together, and mostly parallel with numerous connectors. Most people jump between trails multiple times per ride to catch the best sections of each.

My ride log from June 4th lists a trail where I rode less than 1 mile of a 2 mile trail. But it doesn't list a trail where I rode about 2.3 miles out of a 4 mile trail length.

This is making it harder to submit trail reports as I have to manually search for the trails to add a report. And it is classifying my rides in the wrong location because it doesn't "see" all the trails I rode.

Can the criteria be change to a minimum of .25 mile or .5 km or something similarly short?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 11:24 Quote
The matching is not based on distance, but the percentage of your rides points are within the buffer area of a trail.

I think each point needs to be within 25 meters of a trail to be a "match".
Trails are cropped in 20 meters at the start and end for matching.
If >50% of points are within the 25m buffer you get a "partial" match.
if >80% of points are within the 25m buffer you get a full match.

But then there is a secondary check on distance, to get the full match your matched distance must be at least 1/3 of the trails total distance. It can also not be over double the trails distance.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
Thanks. That makes sense, and sounds like a good criteria. So I must be having a different issue, and it does seem to happen most with one particular trail.

On this ride log I rode ~2.3 miles on "Middle Trail" and it doesn't appear in the log.

Zooming in closer, I can see that my gps recording and the trail map match each other pretty well but the Trailforks trail lines do not? So is this possibly because of poorly drawn trails?

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
I'm up for submitting a track edit for these trails if track accuracy is the issue. It definitely doesn't follow the heatmap very well. It is advisable to edit to match the heatmap, or is a gps file always preferred? Does this reset everything if is the track is edited?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009234
Mobile Version of Website