Trouble Buying a Bike

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 16:47 Quote
My wife and I are both looking at getting new bikes. Problem is we find a bike we like but they don't have our size. So they say we can order your size. But once I order the bike I can't return it. I would like to sit on the bike and just ride it around in a parking lot for a few minutes just to see what it's like before I shell out 3k. I'm definitely not spending 3k without even seeing the bike. At 3000 a bike that 6k spent blind for 2 bikes.

They say they have demo days but that means I gotta drive 2 hours just to sit on a bike for 5mins and realize I don't like it. Or the bike I'm interested in may not even be at the demo day.

Is their a better way to go about this?

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 19:17 Quote
Unfortunately not really, maybe friends or friends of friends have bikes to test ride, or go somewhere with several shops to test more different bike brands than one shop can offer. It is an investment so it is worth the effort to find the best bike you can. Growing up the closest big town with an actual bike shops was 90miles away. We only went when we needed to.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
I mean, what's the worst case if you go to a demo, you get to ride someone else's bikes for a few hours?

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 3:35 Quote
Honestly, I think that as long as a bike is reasonably reliable and fits you, then you'll adapt to whichever bike you're on.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018687
Mobile Version of Website