Specialized S-Works Epic EVO vs Santa Cruz Blur TR Reserve?

PB Forum :: 29ers
Specialized S-Works Epic EVO vs Santa Cruz Blur TR Reserve?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 9:09 Quote
I'm trying to decide between these 2 models. I would put a FOX 34 120mm fork on the Blur.

Yes they are both very high end and expensive but please keep opinions on bikes not cost or value. I've had several Specialized S-work models - Epic and Camber and love the bikes but just about everyone, mechanics, friends, etc., is steering me towards the Blur. It definitely rides nice but a little wary about going with a different brand. I'm only considering these two models so please don't suggest another.... Interested in anyone's opinion or experience with either model. Thank you!

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 19:56 Quote
I've owned both.
The Epic is a much better bike in all regards unless you are after comfort. Then go with the Blur.

Only problem is the Brain's were prone to fail and then you are relying on Specialized to fix it before you can ride again.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
I went with the Tr when shopping for either one. One because the brain problem. two because the guy with the tr was better priced and got back to me.

So far it rides great doesn't handle the chunk as well as my enduro but that was the whole point in getting the tr for the smoother trails

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008565
Mobile Version of Website