Anyone use a Lyric - question

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Anyone use a Lyric - question
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 22:37 Quote
I have a new 2019 Lyric this season. It is the one that has independent high and low speed compression damping with no lockout. I recently increased the spacers as it was not supportive enough and I was having to jack up the preload beyond what the rebound could handle.

I threw the shock whiz on it and it is telling me that I need more rebound and less high and low speed compression. The problem is I already have the high speed compression all the way open and the rebound all the way to full. So this means that an oil change will not help. I suppose I need to get the fork customized with a new shim stack or something.

My question is, why would they make a factory preset fork with too much compression damping and not enough rebound. it literally means the fork cannot be correct for any weight rider. Anyone else have experience with this?

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 1:56 Quote
What's your weight and how much pressure did you put in it ? Forks from big brands are not made to suit everyone, but to suite a rather wide range of rider weights. Now if you're outside (too light or too heavy), stock setups may just not work for you.

I'm pretty heavy compared to the stock settings, and usually have to change the compression piston/stack, or even the whole damper (depending on the fork).

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 6:05 Quote
Did you have the shockwiz set to aggressive by any chance? If so then its very common for it to say HSC is too firm. Try setting the wiz to balanced/planted and work from there.

Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
Also try pulling out the air shaft, it's likely packed with more grease than needs to be there, which reduces the negative air volume. You can then likely remove some spacers and then work from there. My Lyrik RC wasn't too bad but my mates was caked in grease.

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
Every time I ride a Rockshox fork I’m always irritated about how much damping is still happening when I set it to “open.”

OPEN MEANS OPEN dammit.

That’s why I’m on DVO now.

Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 21:39 Quote
eicca wrote:
Every time I ride a Rockshox fork I’m always irritated about how much damping is still happening when I set it to “open.”

OPEN MEANS OPEN dammit.

That’s why I’m on DVO now.

This is what I am talking about. They set the compression damping at the lowest setting to be as high or higher than I need, and I am 230 lbs! I think I am going to get the internal settings changed when I get it overhauled so the compression damping does more than just be turned off.

On a brighter note, I threw the whiz on my pike on my hardtail and got 100% performance and 100% confidence The stupid thing is that it is 100% for both balanced and playful. What gives? I'm starting to lose confidence in these settings. How can Neutral and playful have the exact same settings. Once again, rebound cranked to full and compression totally off.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 1:47 Quote
The lyrik manual had how to change the rebound shim stack for a heavier or lighter tune. Boxxer manual will show you how to change the compression stack.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
Rebound all the way closed? Even at 230lbs you should be running it at least a few clicks open IMO. On the Charger dampers I'm usually 3-5 clicks open depending on trail and air temperature. I've lost a bit of weight lately but still 215ish geared up. I used to be 235 geared up.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 10:13 Quote
I had the same problem. I’m on the 2020 lyrik ultimate. I bought the Push HC97 and now have a big range of settings.
There is even a rebound tune with the kit to suit your weight. Love mine, the harder the hits, the better it performs

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 20:47 Quote
I have a Push ACS3 coil kit in my Lyrik, never go back to an air fork

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010408
Mobile Version of Website