Manitou Circus Expert help

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Manitou Circus Expert help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 7, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
Just got an airborne skyhawlk with a manitou circus expert, except it only goes through half of it's travel. Is there something i need to adjust in the air spring chamber or another thing i am missing. The blue switch at the bottom doesn't seam do much and the adjustment wheel up top on the right side of the crown for the abs+ just locks off the fork. (I have never had a dirt jumper with an adjustable fork before. Just old marzocchi bomers) they have all been fairly soft

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 16:49 Quote
I don’t have a circus, I run a dj1.. bit that switch is probably your rebound adjust which you’re going to want pretty slow for park,street,dirt.. and to make your fork softer let a little air out of your fork. You’ll need a shock pump to air it back up, so don’t let to much out.. if you don’t have one the lbs should have one for use

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 0:00 Quote
Try bleeding the air out (same way you empty a tire, pshhhhhb all the air out of the valve) and dialing the rebound back a bit. I've had two circus experts, and they generally dont compress nealry as much as any xc fork BC it's not designed for trails, it's designed to take a hard landing without bottoming out instantly

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 12:21 Quote
I am going to piggyback on this post for some help too please.

Looking for some newbie help on a baseline set up for my circus expert.

Just getting into Dj bike I bought yesterday, thought it was the thing to do as I am Recovering from a broken collarbone while competing in a BMX race.

Once I get cleared to ride, I will start on pump track then will add in street, trails and some dirt jumps. Nothing crazy, I am an old guy!! Smile

Just need to know from those that ride what works best, and I can adjust from there as it fits my needs. want to save some time, and eliminate so much trial and error.

Thanks for the help

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 22:25 Quote
clands wrote:
I am going to piggyback on this post for some help too please.

Looking for some newbie help on a baseline set up for my circus expert.

Just getting into Dj bike I bought yesterday, thought it was the thing to do as I am Recovering from a broken collarbone while competing in a BMX race.

Once I get cleared to ride, I will start on pump track then will add in street, trails and some dirt jumps. Nothing crazy, I am an old guy!! Smile

Just need to know from those that ride what works best, and I can adjust from there as it fits my needs. want to save some time, and eliminate so much trial and error.

Thanks for the help

Basic setup tips,

Don't use the lockout at all unless you're long distance commuting on gravel roads. You can damage seals pretty easily nose casing with lockout on (or you could die)

Pump it up as high as you can tolerate, then let a bit out (7-15psi). Also, lower it to 80mm and increase the rebound a bit if you have a 100mm expert. I've owned two if these over the span of 12 years and I can tell you, it's not a dj fork you want to run ultra-firm. The stanchions will start pushing through the crown and wiggling in the lowers in some cases if you start pretending it's a 36 831. It's a durable af fork for dj and pump tracks, but it's not robust enough to be setup with beyond-max psi settings

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014819
Mobile Version of Website