Strategic upgrades

PB Forum :: Marin Bikes
Strategic upgrades
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
So I keep reading on review sites how the Rift Zone can be a great base for some strategic upgrades, can anyone shed some light on what those might be? I love my RZ2 but would love to know where to target upgrades as I get along.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
I bought a 2019 RZ 3 at the beginning of the year and immediately upgraded the fork, wheels and put bigger rotors on the brakes. I demo'd the stock RZ3, so I knew what I wanted to upgrade right away. Going from the 120mm stock fork to a 140mm fork made a big difference.

Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
Yeah nice, what wheels did you go with?

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:52 Quote
photo

I had some Reynolds TR 309 carbon wheels on it for a while and loved them. I wanted to try the carbon wheels on my hardtail (chromag rootdown) so I swapped wheels and now have flow rims laced to an Onyx rear hub. The instant engagement of the Onyx is amazing.

Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
I upgraded my rotors. Put a 203 mm on the front had to use an adapter for the caliper but then put the 180 mm from the front onto the back using the 180 adapter already fitted on the fork.... Huge difference. I'm looking to upgrade.. Looking at bigger Stanchion 140 mm forks, then wheels. Kind of want to build it up as a short travel jump play bike that can still get you up the hills.
Does anyone know if the frame will take a coil rear shock?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012316
Mobile Version of Website