Bronson V3 flip chip position

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson V3 flip chip position
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 7:47 Quote
I've had my Bronson CS for a month now and am getting curious on changing the flip chip position. The bike has been initially set up in the high setting and I've been more than happy with the performance. I'm wondering what setting you all prefer and why. I get the whole lower bb and slacker logic but would like to know if it is a noticeable change to ride characteristics. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
Just try it! It is a seriously easy thing to do. On my nomad I have in the low setting 80% of the time. It feels more planted, especially when the trail gets steep. It pedals a little worse, but I think it is worth it.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 4:35 Quote
I prefer low. I havent especially gelled with my bronson3, but do prefer it in the low setting after trying it recently. I also run 170mm cranks & dont get any pedal strikes.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 6:39 Quote
@Austink Thanks for the reply! I'll swap it before I ride this weekend. I've been waiting to do it till I hit some rowdier trails but you're right, I might as well just swap it and see how it feels. Worse case is that I swap it back.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 6:45 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
I prefer low. I havent especially gelled with my bronson3, but do prefer it in the low setting after trying it recently. I also run 170mm cranks & dont get any pedal strikes.

I've been real happy with mine so far. I test rode a Nomad, process 153, DB release 4c and the Bronson. On the test ride the Bronson seemed like the best all around bike for what I'm looking to do. Curious to know more about your set up and what you don't like about yours. Thanks!

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
I wish I knew bud. I tested a V2 18 months ago and it blew me away, fast, light, precise, an utter weapon.
I just haven't felt that with the V3 so far, just feels a bit normal. It's not like it's a lesser spec one either, pretty much top end.
I generally ride my dh bike more. Maybe I just need to spend more time on the Bronson.

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
I wish I knew bud. I tested a V2 18 months ago and it blew me away, fast, light, precise, an utter weapon.
I just haven't felt that with the V3 so far, just feels a bit normal. It's not like it's a lesser spec one either, pretty much top end.
I generally ride my dh bike more. Maybe I just need to spend more time on the Bronson.
My pal sold his after 3 rides, bought a Stanton fs, and ended up on an Airdrop which he absolutely loves, it's taken me ages to gel with mine,but now it's my go to bike

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 1:26 Quote
I’ve had my Bronson for several months now. Loving it. I run it mostly in high position.. I’ve only dropped it when doing the odd DH race, or when I was out in Morzine

Setup, Alu frame frame, 170 Yaris with luffcappe installed

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008907
Mobile Version of Website