2019 Tues Axle Standard issue

PB Forum :: YT Industries
2019 Tues Axle Standard issue
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
Ran into an issue when building a new wheel set for my Tues this weekend that I wanted to post in case anyone else encounters it.

The stock E13 cassette measures 151.xx millimeters end cap to end cap.

The Industry nine Hydra that I replaced the E13 with measure 149.xx millimeters (150x12 end caps).

I'm running an HG free hub body with a SRAM GX 7 speed cassette. This minor difference in width causes the cassette lock ring to rub the derailleur hanger and fully bind the wheel. Presumably this is caused by the 150x12 Axle standard with the "axle catch grooves" that are usually reserved for a 157x12 standard.

After a lot of headache I found a solution. Run the 150mm end cap on the rotor side, and the 157mm end cap on the drive side. This combo is only slightly wider than the stock E13 hub and after a derailleur adjustment works fine. The axle is fully threaded and the wheel slides into the frame tightly.

I called both Industry Nine and YT USA and neither had heard of this being an issue before and both agreed my solution should work fine.

If anyone is running an I9 Hydra with an XD driver and the more expensive 7 speed SRAM cassette please post up if it works.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
I had the same problem with a DT Swiss 240 12/150mm rear hub with a random Shimano cassette (don’t remember the model)

But instead of you using the 157 endcap I just dremeled down the groove of the derailleur hanger... isn’t an ideal solution but it was easy and you still get the advantage of the catch groove on the non drive side

My two cents

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008129
Mobile Version of Website