What do you expect from biking in years to come?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What do you expect from biking in years to come?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 9:21 Quote
do you think there will be major changes? and what would you like to see brought in to the sport? e.g different suspension methods, different braking methods or anything like that, and what would you like to see leave? e.g old outdated designs etc.

this is just a bit of general discussion on where you think biking is going in the future etc.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
adamshred wrote:
do you think there will be major changes? and what would you like to see brought in to the sport? e.g different suspension methods, different braking methods or anything like that, and what would you like to see leave? e.g old outdated designs etc.

this is just a bit of general discussion on where you think biking is going in the future etc.
i would like to see some very very light downhill bikes and i wish more bikes had the same suspension deisign as a sunday lol

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
yeh, its hard to make a bike extremely light without sacrificin some element of strength i'd say tho eh?

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
id like to see a good 4 wheel bike with a drve train instead of having to ride it down a hill..............or maby a middle pivot bike that turns throuh the middle

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 14:46 Quote
another thing that i would like is a 3 piece upgradeable bar that you can build to length and wieght

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
what i see is norco turning into poop,i want them to go back to the same designs as 07,the 08s are ugly,well the fullies anyways.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 14:58 Quote
- Gearboxes will be the future of higher end downhill bikes
- derailleur hangars only difference is classification (downhill racing, freeride, all mountain, cross country, road and dirt jump/slopestyle)

Nothing else really needs "revolutionizing" IMO

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
A lot more gearboxes, more carbon fibre oriented components.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
with the gearbox i think if you dont want derailleore (i thikn im lisdexiic) why not get hub gears?

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
andyjacko123 wrote:
why not get hub gears?

Like a Rohloff?

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
ye a bit but like a newer version

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
well when the rohloff (is what nicolai uses) is placed near the BB the weight is a hell of a lot more centred and low. theres more reasons otherwise nicolai wouldn't stick a rohloff in the frame but I cbf at the mo

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
and what about using titanium on the top team dh bikes to make em lighter...

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
The G-Boxx is actually a Rohloff located near the bb instead of the hub. Like what's bee said before, lower center of gravity, and less unsprung weight for better DH performance.

Posted: Feb 23, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
heyhey wrote:
what i see is norco turning into poop,i want them to go back to the same designs as 07,the 08s are ugly,well the fullies anyways.

yeh actually same thing with kona DJ bikes tbh i think the newer konas are starting to look cheap and the quality is dropping definately

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010015
Mobile Version of Website