Ridelog doesn't list one of the trails that was ridden

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Ridelog doesn't list one of the trails that was ridden
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 10:43 Quote
I've got one trail to ride to get one of the "completionist" badges in my area. It's a trail I ride frequently, but I notice in my ride log that it shows on the map as where I've been, but not on the list of trails that displays on the righthand side of the screen.

What's going on here? How do I fix this so I can get my badge (I want my trophy!)?

Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 10:34 Quote
I need more info, can you post links to the trail and the ridelog you're talking about.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
Here's a ride log: https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6645564/

Here's the trail: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/froom-creek-trail/

Here's the badge: https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/33877/


Thanks for looking into it.

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
You need to ride the entire trail as it's mapped to get a "match".


Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
Hey @canadaka,

I have a similar question, though I've ridden the complete trails...

Here's my ridelog: https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6586206/

When I zoom in on it, I can see that my GPS has drifted and doesn't position me on the exact line, though you can see it almost perfectly parallels it! So I'm guessing that's why it doesn't show that I've ridden Galactic Scheisse and Plastic Scheisse on this badge: https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/33183/

And just today I rode See Colours and Puke, but it didn't register as ridden on the Completest Badge (ridelog here: https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6700840/ , the log is supposedly hidden as I must of ridden near a 'secret' trail?

Is there a tweak I can do so that ride qualifies (I've tried the 'resync Strava'/'resync' links)? I really don't want to do those trails again :p

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
TimmoWhistler wrote:
Hey @canadaka,

I have a similar question, though I've ridden the complete trails...

Here's my ridelog: https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6586206/

When I zoom in on it, I can see that my GPS has drifted and doesn't position me on the exact line, though you can see it almost perfectly parallels it! So I'm guessing that's why it doesn't show that I've ridden Galactic Scheisse and Plastic Scheisse on this badge: https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/33183/

And just today I rode See Colours and Puke, but it didn't register as ridden on the Completest Badge (ridelog here: https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6700840/ , the log is supposedly hidden as I must of ridden near a 'secret' trail?

Is there a tweak I can do so that ride qualifies (I've tried the 'resync Strava'/'resync' links)? I really don't want to do those trails again :p

You didnt fet a full match on Plastic Scheisse because your GPS was too far from the mapped trails end. Looking at the ride data, it seems the trail GPS is off, I edited it to be more accurate, and re-scanned your ridelog, now it matches.



The badges are a different issue I will have to find a solution for tomorrow. Badges from the same region are only scanned, your ride is in the "Whistler South" region, but the "See Colours and Puke" trail is in the Cheakamus region. There is lots of overlap of the regions in places like Whistler and Squamish. Will need to broaden the scope of badges each ridelog is checked against.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 9:31 Quote
canadaka wrote:
You need to ride the entire trail as it's mapped to get a "match".



Thanks for looking into this!

I thought I saw somewhere that a trail is considered "ridden" if a certain distance or percentage is covered. Is that for the "ridden" tag, whereas for the badge it's 100% to be considered?

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 16:18 Quote
Tf-es wrote:
canadaka wrote:
You need to ride the entire trail as it's mapped to get a "match".



Thanks for looking into this!

I thought I saw somewhere that a trail is considered "ridden" if a certain distance or percentage is covered. Is that for the "ridden" tag, whereas for the badge it's 100% to be considered?

Correct for badge criteria it must be a full match, not a partial. The "ridden" status of a trail is toggled even on partial.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
[Quote="Tf-es"]
canadaka wrote:
The badges are a different issue I will have to find a solution for tomorrow. Badges from the same region are only scanned, your ride is in the "Whistler South" region, but the "See Colours and Puke" trail is in the Cheakamus region. There is lots of overlap of the regions in places like Whistler and Squamish. Will need to broaden the scope of badges each ridelog is checked against..

Good stuff! I just checked and those trails now appear as ridden in the region Badge. Sweet.

However, I've noticed a related bug. If a trail's region has been corrected AFTER the Completionist Badge has been created, it stays in the original (wrong) badge. There's an example in the Lost Lake Badge (https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/33209/). I've ridden all the Lost Lake trails, but can't claim the badge as the "Sea to Sky (Green Lake 3)" trail was originally (incorrectly) listed as a Lost Lake region trail, but it's actually "Whistler North", but remains in the Lost Lake badge. Maybe it's as simple as "refreshing" the badges??

Another example is the "Millar Creek West" trail which is in the "Westside - Sproatt" region, but it's listed in the Cheakamus badge (https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/34235/). Oh yeah, also in that badge, is "Far Out", a planned trail...

Thanks!

Mod Plus
Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
Unfortunately there is no automatic updating of the completionist badge criteria when trails are changed. But I edited both those badges, looks like you have the Lost Lake one now! Just let me know if you find others like that.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
I'm working my way through the various Whistler area Completionist badges and noticed several PLANNED trails are listed in the badges. For example:
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/lowangle-singletrack-ricks-roost/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/far-out-124570/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/chipmunk-rebellion/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/pot-of-gold-trail-21/

Can they be removed so it's possible to complete the badges?

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 14:45 Quote
TimmoWhistler wrote:
I'm working my way through the various Whistler area Completionist badges and noticed several PLANNED trails are listed in the badges. For example:
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/lowangle-singletrack-ricks-roost/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/far-out-124570/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/chipmunk-rebellion/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/pot-of-gold-trail-21/

Can they be removed so it's possible to complete the badges?

Yup that was a bug when I generated the badges. I fixed those whistler badges.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
canadaka wrote:
TimmoWhistler wrote:
I'm working my way through the various Whistler area Completionist badges and noticed several PLANNED trails are listed in the badges. For example:
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/lowangle-singletrack-ricks-roost/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/far-out-124570/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/chipmunk-rebellion/
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/pot-of-gold-trail-21/

Can they be removed so it's possible to complete the badges?

Yup that was a bug when I generated the badges. I fixed those whistler badges.

Awesome, thanks!

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 19:05 Quote
Having some real issues with riding trails as mapped,

Ridelog from Aug 11, 2019
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/7944995/

One specific example is "Backyard Creeper". Bloody trail is fully obscured. Even with the Trailforks map open on my phone I couldn't find the trail to stay on it. Then I figured out that residents had started cutting their own walking trail network. Very neat and manicured trails..

Need a solution for this entire (GTA) Toronto region. All the construction has messed up at least 2 or 3 trails that are required to get completionist badges. Jefferson forest, Richmond Hill has had conservation area closures & DVP, Toronto is a mess.

Posted: Aug 12, 2019 at 19:10 Quote
Here is another example where the app isn't catching ridden trails.

Short Hills, St Catherine's, On.

Swayze falls loop was ridden but not credited.

Ridelog from Aug 2, 2019
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/7754135/

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008505
Mobile Version of Website