Fox fork repair replacement !

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox fork repair replacement !
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Hey guys

So I’m building a 2011 specialized epic comp fsr. I have a fox float fit 32 rl 150mm fork I snagged for a good price however the steer tube is cut too short as well as it’s a tapered steer tube. My bikes head tube doesn’t have a 44mm head tube I cannot use it with a cane creek conversion headset. SO option 2 when and if I get the fork sent out to be serviced , is it possible for them to replace the crown or steer tube to a regular 1 1/8 steer tube ?

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 16:54 Quote
They could if they have any uppers with straight steerer, but probably not worth the extra cost

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 19:01 Quote
allsk8sno wrote:
They could if they have any uppers with straight steerer, but probably not worth the extra cost

Interesting. See I’m interested in that because I’m into the fork $50. And I’ve had NO luck finding a fox 150mm fork for a 26er with a NON tapered steerer and 15x100 through axle. Should I contact fox themselves ?

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 10:46 Quote
Those forks are pretty hard to come by. I had one on my 2010 Giant Reign and it sold quick. I’d try a stem with a low stack height if it works. Doesn’t get any lower than Deity and DMR Defy stems

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 12:36 Quote
here is a better photo of the suckers ! Unsure of year. I also have to order a new headset and bearings. ,the frame didn’t come with any when I purchased it. Gona be tricky figuring out sizing.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 18:26 Quote
R1NPFD wrote:
here is a better photo of the suckers ! Unsure of year. I also have to order a new headset and bearings. ,the frame didn’t come with any when I purchased it. Gona be tricky figuring out sizing.

The headset is an IS42 or "campy fit" standard. You will be able to get a new set of uppers for with a straight steerer but you will need to replace the air spring assembly for a new NA2 setup. Everything else should fit fine

You'll probably want to shorten them up a bit too, epics are only 4" travel so a 6" fork might upset the geo a bit...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011419
Mobile Version of Website