Whistler In September? Pros/Cons Weather?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Whistler In September? Pros/Cons Weather?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 13:24 Quote
Just after some real life experiences of Whistler and surrounding area in Early September?

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 16:09 Quote
September can be very nice. Trails are tacky once again.weather usually is okay, just cooler.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 22:03 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
September can be very nice. Trails are tacky once again.weather usually is okay, just cooler.
cheers,reason m asking is,I want to leave it as late as possible,so I can ride the lord if the squirrels.Went in July last year,and it was still covered in snow.Will the snow have started to fall again in September

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
Early September is probably the best time to go

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
Went early september and it rained everyday for 8 days. It was still amazing. It doesn't really matter. Creekside closes a little earlier this year I think, keep that in mind. Once garbo stops spinning the crowds and lift lines get longer.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 22:23 Quote
Frontrange wrote:
Went early september and it rained everyday for 8 days. It was still amazing. It doesn't really matter. Creekside closes a little earlier this year I think, keep that in mind. Once garbo stops spinning the crowds and lift lines get longer.

September is arguably the best month to ride in BC. It's not busy and the weather is a bit cooler, but still really nice. When I retire I September will be the best month.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
I’ve been going in September for the past 6 or 7 years. Best time to go for the following reasons:

You can buy a fall seasons pass for around $300

Accommodations are cheaper

A-Line usually shuts down for a day and gets a full rebuild

Less busy

The weather is usually summer like (last year was the only time for for us where we hit a week of wet weather).

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
Thanks for all the responses guys,much appreciated.Turns out I'm going in July due to work commitments of the other guys in the party.Fingers x lord of the squirrels will be open

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 10:16 Quote
It can snow at high elevations in September but LOTS will be open unless there's a grizzly bear closure again. Still tons of snow up high, when in July are you going? I wouldn't count on it opening until later in July at this rate. Keep your eye on the Trailforks reports, the RMOW trail crew post updates.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.010088
Mobile Version of Website