Spider mixed wheel size

PB Forum :: Intense
Spider mixed wheel size
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
Just posting this for reference in case anyone is thinking along these lines. I have been running my spider 275c with a 29er front wheel with 29er lowers on a 27.5 csu and a 130mm airshaft. It feels good and still seems to climb well

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
Thanks for posting this, I'm considering this modification and it's good to hear the positive feedback.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 23:21 Quote
I've been thinking about doing this as well - but instead of just replacing the fork with just 29er lowers I was looking to replace the whole fork.

What fork offset did you use?

How does it ride? Do you think the higher front end results in any appreciable lowering of the head angle?

O+
Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 18:52 Quote
I just switched the fork lowers so the offset is still 46.

The head angle is slacker for sure. When I did the math it was I think a little over 1’ slacker.

I have switched back and forth between the 27.5 and 29 back to back on the same trails and I like it better with the 29 and haven’t gone back. It still climbs good.

O+
Posted: Aug 27, 2019 at 3:03 Quote
stacyoblenes wrote:
I just switched the fork lowers so the offset is still 46.

The head angle is slacker for sure. When I did the math it was I think a little over 1’ slacker.

I have switched back and forth between the 27.5 and 29 back to back on the same trails and I like it better with the 29 and haven’t gone back. It still climbs good.

Awesome. I will give this a go. Thanks for the information. It’s interesting that Intense have gone with a mixed wheel size for the new 2020 Primer as well.

Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 13:32 Quote
I am interested in this for minspider, are you still liking the 29er up front?

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2019 at 19:38 Quote
Yeah it is still working great for me. I haven't seen any reason to go back to the smaller wheel.

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 10:01 Quote
I'm considering doing this very thing. But wanted proof it would work. Are you still running it this way?

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
I think it works great.
I run a 130 air spring in the front and I also use a single offset busing on the shock to lower the bb a bit.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010146
Mobile Version of Website