What tire would you put on GT Force?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What tire would you put on GT Force?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
I have a GT Force that came stock with Stan's NoTubes Flow Mk3. Current tires are (stock) Schwalbe Magic Mary Performance 27.5"x2.35". They are starting to bald pretty good (especially rear) and this is my first tie replacing tires so any advice is welcome! Ideal budget is CHEAP Smile I typically ride Northeast US trails, ranging from roots+rocks, to sandy, to some downhill, etc. - pretty wide variety.
- Recommended brand/model?
- Where would you buy (website, LBS, etc.?)
- Would you replace just rear to start, or might as well do both?

Thanks!

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
Replace front, swap old front to rear.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 12:23 Quote
I really like the e13 trs tires.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
How did you like the MM for your conditions?
Like was suggested, buy a new one for the front (Addix Soft version will be grippier than Performance), move the existing front to the back, done.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
Thanks guys! The MM was fine for me. But honestly, I haven't tried enough to really know.

Just because curiosity killed the cat.... why move front to back? Is that just the normal rotation?

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 13:07 Quote
shlugengruven wrote:
Thanks guys! The MM was fine for me. But honestly, I haven't tried enough to really know.

Just because curiosity killed the cat.... why move front to back? Is that just the normal rotation?
I thought this was obvious, but you said yourself the rear is showing the most wear and your budget is CHEAP. So in effect you can replace both tires by buying one.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009764
Mobile Version of Website