What spring rate on Tues?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
What spring rate on Tues?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 9:57 Quote
Anyone out there have a coil shock on their Tues? What is your weight and spring rate? I asked YT and fox and both recommend to start around 225-250 lb spring for my weight (160 lbs), I never ran a coil so I'd rather get the most info before spending the money on 3 different springs before finding the right one.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
155hk wrote:
Anyone out there have a coil shock on their Tues? What is your weight and spring rate? I asked YT and fox and both recommend to start around 225-250 lb spring for my weight (160 lbs), I never ran a coil so I'd rather get the most info before spending the money on 3 different springs before finding the right one.

Fox has a calculator on their dealer site. Any competent shop should be able to plug in your info and get you close. I think it requires stroke, eye to eye, sag desired, and rider weight.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 19:44 Quote
Ive got the same question, but also dont want to waste money trying diffrent springs. I just got my new YT TUES AL with the fox van can coil. Bottomed that pig out all day today. But looking online is weird because mine says 3.75"x250. Well i don't see any 3.75s available anywhere so idk if im going to have to go with the 3.5 length instead since thats the only ones i see online. I weigh 175, ill go into my bike shop tomorrow and see what they say aswell.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
Volcom330 wrote:
Ive got the same question, but also dont want to waste money trying diffrent springs. I just got my new YT TUES AL with the fox van can coil. Bottomed that pig out all day today. But looking online is weird because mine says 3.75"x250. Well i don't see any 3.75s available anywhere so idk if im going to have to go with the 3.5 length instead since thats the only ones i see online. I weigh 175, ill go into my bike shop tomorrow and see what they say aswell.
Certain tensions are longer. The shock is a 3.5" stroke so that's the spring you will shop for, the 3.75 is the actual amount of travel the shock can attain for the thickness of the coil before it would bind. For example, a 150lb spring will have more travel than a 275lb spring just because the 275 has thicker coil which restricts how far it can compress, if that makes sense.

Also, you kinda answered my question indirectly. If you are only 15 lbs more and bottoming out, then 250 will definitely not be too much for my weight. Let me know any kind of tips your bike shop gives you!

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 16:23 Quote
Bump. Curious about heavier guys and what they’re running for shock PSI if they’ve got the X2. Hope you don’t mind me piggybacking the question onto this thread, it seemed relevant.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 18:02 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Bump. Curious about heavier guys and what they’re running for shock PSI if they’ve got the X2. Hope you don’t mind me piggybacking the question onto this thread, it seemed relevant.

I'm about 200lbs geared up on an XL. Ride pretty hard, all the pro-line stuff in whistler. I added a volume spacer (4 pairs total out of max of 5) and I'm running 230psi and it feels pretty good. I still find bottom every so often but it's usually pretty soft.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 18:57 Quote
Frontrange wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

I'm about 200lbs geared up on an XL. Ride pretty hard, all the pro-line stuff in whistler. I added a volume spacer (4 pairs total out of max of 5) and I'm running 230psi and it feels pretty good. I still find bottom every so often but it's usually pretty soft.

Thanks for the reply. Is that on a 27.5 or 29? What % sag did that give you?

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 20:16 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
Frontrange wrote:
Camstyn wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Is that on a 27.5 or 29? What % sag did that give you?

29" and just under 30%

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
hey - here's my experience

i'm 5'6 / 190 pounds, riding a Tues AL 2019 M 27.5”- it came with a 250 spring which i bottomed out quite easily

yt support suggested starting at 325 for my spring - a friend of a friend ( who loves his setup stuff ) punched details into his little calculator and came back with 300 exactly

i'm in whistler at the moment, walked up to a shop, 50 bucks for a 300x3.70 coil ( with labour it's still 1/3 of the price i'd pay home - didn't even blink )

really like the new coil - not bottoming out - also not hitting anything crazy - doing a few black runs but not putting as much stress as an experienced rider would - a few small drops and the coil doing it's job - happy out with it

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012878
Mobile Version of Website