Tubeless for street?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Tubeless for street?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 13:30 Quote
I just switched to tubeless in my all around street / trails bike. What are people running for PSI? I am up to 35 psi in the rear trying to keep the tire from burping when sideloaded. That's more than I ran with tubes. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 10:08 Quote
and that seems on the low side to me. I run tubes (and have never run tubeless so take my info with a grain of salt) but i pump em up until they sound like basketballs, probably in the 60ish psi range.

look at the tires they should have a psi max on them.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
Most of us run upwards of 60+ psi tubes, can’t imagine rolling with that low of psi, must kill your speed

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
Yeah 60psi for street, I even run 45 to 50psi on dirt. 35 would handle like shit.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
Thanks for the replies. I should have emphasized the trails part more. I was hoping to have one tire pressure that did everything. I ride street trials on a Hex with about 40 psi, but on my slopestyle bike I do streety / trialish things & also trail ride. I was hoping that going tubeless would allow me to pressure down. I had been running it a 30 psi and with tubes (worked great). When I switched to tubeless 30psi was pretty easy to break the seal.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
I'm new to tubeless and am only just realising that a lot of guys make the change to tubeless so they can run lower pressures. But for me I only ride dirt jumps n street so I think iln stay with the harder pressure but for trail stuff maybe 35psi would be good.
My question, should I have the same feel/effect if I run tubeless at same pressure as I did tubed

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.009614
Mobile Version of Website