Recommendations for Women's MTB Pants

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Recommendations for Women's MTB Pants
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
I ride trails and park in the Northeast (NYC-native). After getting my second attack of pedal-bite, I figured it was time to invest in some pants. Fox and Fly Racing I hear are good brands--any recs for breathable pants that provide light protection for general DH & trail-riding?

(I've tried some of the more heavy-duty fabrics and they are way too hot to wear).

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 14:33 Quote
If it's 50 or under, I typically ride DH with jeans that have a bit of stretch. Any warmer than that and it's shorts for trail and DH, with the latter including knee pads. Either way, a shinner hurts like hell unless you're wearing shin pads which, for me, are way too hot for general trail riding, so I've just accepted that the occasional shin bite will happen. Like you said, most DH or BMX pants do provide a certain level of protection, but they are so so hot that they are awful to wear in most circumstances, plus they won't stop the wrath of a shinner. Take a look at the G-Form shin pads. Though I often don't wear mine, and my shins are proof of that, they have done me well over the years. They are light, fairly breathable, and rather comfortable.

As a side note, I'm actually trying to design my own DH pants loosely based on some climbing pants I really like. They'll be a cotton/nylon blend with reinforced knees, butt, and crotch. I'm also trying to figure out a way for the side pockets to be form fitting so your phone won't jostle around.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008913
Mobile Version of Website