Semenuk is seriously a wizard

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Semenuk is seriously a wizard
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
Ok Ive been tripping on this for a minute and Ima finally just let it out.

Money is destroying what riding is to us.
Money in this situation is representing industry, which in this case, is an industry that is built off of capitalism.
Capitalisms foundation is built off competition. It is a mindset that looks out into this world and sees things as evolving because of constant battle with each other.
If born in a capitalistic system, then you are subconsciously swayed by this mindset from birth.. and so, without knowing, on a very deep level within, you look at the world as in battle. Not only the world, but the self is at battle with the self as well.
So… to add to this.
Industry is piggy backing onto our human nature’s desire to flow the f*ck out. If you don’t know what flow is, look it up online and read a book on it, but we know that it is healing as f*ck. We know that we blend with the environment and the world and become one. Actually, I don’t even need to tell you much about it because if your a rider then you know damn well what the f*ck Im talking about..
Ok so, this flow, in which I have just engaged in my writing, is something that is natural to us. We are meant to blend and listen to the environment. For f*cks sake, most of us have ridden since the day we could walk… its that human nature (aside from the bike itself.) Industry is changing the way we ourselves view what we are doing though. It is creating a rational projection in us of what this sport, this human movement, is to us. It has us tricked essentially. Controlling the experience in a way, controlling how you yourself see it as it happens to you. especially if you grew up under its lure.
It is not just in biking, this is happening in all sports, but riding is so personal. We go out and ride alone because we love the f*ck outa it.. So we have all had plenty of solo moments, after a LONG ASS DAY OF RIDING, of the self directly experiencing a healing connection without any form of competition.
Watching crank works recently just showed me how many other forces are at play that we are unaware of. These brave young men are placed under so much stress. Not only of being on tv and having this internal individual competition, they also have industry pressure like mad. Their entire careers rely on performing in these competitions.. That comes with so many little external things that the sponsors demand… My god it must secretly drive some of them quite mad..
I bring all this up because this all effects the flow that these guys are wizards of. It puts them in risky situations…. And they HAVE to do it. It is like sending these men to their potential deaths, and we glorify the f*ck outa it. Ultimately we are the ones that are paying to watch it happen.. Fueling industry and agreeing to the battle with our wallets.
As a young male that grew up watching all these videos online, I can say that it generated so many feelings in me while riding.. that now, with my adult brain, I now look at as extremely toxic. Once you start to actually hit jumps this big and send it, you see how fast things can go wrong and how one hit can end your life. Being in a state of COMPETITION with ANYONE while doing something that extreme is just not positive guys.
OK SO
Im going to bring up a half thought out solution.
Why can we not be supporting a healthy platform of love?
Support an industry founded in love?
We all know that love is what is making us really ride.
Who reading this doesn’t value the f*ck out of connecting with a fellow rider out there? Who reading hasn’t had their fire lit by some random dude that you instantly felt a connection with? Who doesn’t end their solo at LOVE with the self?
Progression explodes when we are in love. It happens when we relax and calm the f*ck down. I think anyone that has done some crazy f*cking feat while riding with the boys in a moment of pure glory would agree.
SO thats what Im saying.
We are glorifying a toxic system that is secretly piggy backing on a natural human desire to connect deeply to our environment. It is, in effect, slowing us down and confusing us on what is actually taking place within our own self.
BOOM BITCHES.
Want more?
Brandon knowns all this shit. So do other seasoned pro wizard riders, but I bring up Brandon because of the art he has been recently producing. Well, I mean he is a f*cking aware human.. its been clear in his movements since the START, but… recently I feel like he has collected all of this in a way I couldn’t even understand and is learning to express it. He is a wizard though, through and through, so he is doing it in a mind controlling way.
He is like speaking this wisdom Im talking about through his videos. I respect the f*ck outa him for this. It is truly amazing. He walks his talk and he doesn’t even TALK. Oh my god Brandon you guy you. Much love man.
If you understand basic psychology and you dabble in some philosophy, you can see that Mr. semenuk has been doing HIS STUDYING. The reason I call it mind control is that MOST of us on pink bike are not aware of ANY of what Ive been talking about, yet it speaks to us because we are as a collective WAKING UP. So he is essentially speaking to your subconscious and implanting the seed that will guide the direction of the sport.
This rant is in part happening because of Brandons actions.
Yup thats my flow rant. Lots I didnt talk about but hit me up with what you guys think.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
tl;dr

But I totally agree with your sentiment about how dollars destroy the industry.

Those of us who rode bikes before it was main stream can appreciate this.

biking alone was once the catalyst for happiness, is still their if you don't buy into the BS.

Not sure how Semenuk is some how a superhero in all this. He still does it for dollars, he has just been around long enough that he has slightly more autonomy over how he prostitutes himself. But either way, he still takes a pay check from the "industry"

Its also difficult to be too critical of the monetary scenario in cycling and sports. Cycling has always been the realm of the affluent, bikes and gear have never been cheap. And athletes have always sacrificed themselves for the chance of success and victory, granted some sports are more monetized than others, but at the onset all athletes are killing them selves simply for the chance of recognition.

Consume what you want, but enjoy it and realize you don't need it. None of these folks are putting themselves in harms way because they have no other choice. They all made a conscious decision to pursue a sport with high risk and low monetary reward.

Peace Love and Bicycle Grease my brother.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 19:17 Quote
"Not sure how Semenuk is some how a superhero in all this. He still does it for dollars, he has just been around long enough that he has slightly more autonomy over how he prostitutes himself. But either way, he still takes a pay check from the "industry"

Its also difficult to be too critical of the monetary scenario in cycling and sports. Cycling has always been the realm of the affluent, bikes and gear have never been cheap. And athletes have always sacrificed themselves for the chance of success and victory, granted some sports are more monetized than others, but at the onset all athletes are killing them selves simply for the chance of recognition. "


Where you stand in this is very wise, and I respect your opinion.
I believe the impacts that Brandon is making is beyond getting caught up on his own egoic decisions. It is what he is choosing to say behind his work, and may even be beyond him. Spiritual in a sense. He is a powerful figure to the biking community and he has decided to express that biking is about EXPRESSION, not competition. That is huge!!! And Im sorry to say that the tricks he has been doing make him a superhero!!!!
I must ask you, because it directly relates to our conversation, if you send it? Do you enter a state of flow with the element of extreme danger to your personal being on a daily basis?
Im also sensing a lot of western views from you, seeing as I really disagree with "Consume what you want, but enjoy it and realize you don't need it"
The place that Im coming from won't be understood without understanding the power of cause and effect. I am assuming you don't believe in many eastern views because of what you chose to say, which Im not judging you for, Im just saying that its crucial in understanding where Im coming from.
Also please do not judge me for my communication style. I can see that you are very dialed when it comes to word play, and ive been currently discussing life with way to many people versed in linguistics. It is a trigger.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 19:32 Quote
Wow. I looked up what your abbreviation at the start of your comment meant and Im going to have to just disregard your entire position and revoke my wise comment. f*ck you for even leaving an opinion without fully hearing me explain my reasoning..

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 6:05 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
tl;dr

But I totally agree with your sentiment about how dollars destroy the industry.

Those of us who rode bikes before it was main stream can appreciate this.

biking alone was once the catalyst for happiness, is still their if you don't buy into the BS.

Not sure how Semenuk is some how a superhero in all this. He still does it for dollars, he has just been around long enough that he has slightly more autonomy over how he prostitutes himself. But either way, he still takes a pay check from the "industry"

Its also difficult to be too critical of the monetary scenario in cycling and sports. Cycling has always been the realm of the affluent, bikes and gear have never been cheap. And athletes have always sacrificed themselves for the chance of success and victory, granted some sports are more monetized than others, but at the onset all athletes are killing them selves simply for the chance of recognition.

Consume what you want, but enjoy it and realize you don't need it. None of these folks are putting themselves in harms way because they have no other choice. They all made a conscious decision to pursue a sport with high risk and low monetary reward.

Peace Love and Bicycle Grease my brother.

I think what alaska2 was trying to say was that is he doesn't care about whether he gets sponsored. We saw that in 2017 he did Whistler Crankworx and if I recall one other competition. He doesn't ride to win, he wins to ride. Because of that his riding made him extremely famous in the mtb community because of how amazingly good he is. Therefore he got sponsored without even trying to get sponsored.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
alaska2 wrote:
Wow. I looked up what your abbreviation at the start of your comment meant and Im going to have to just disregard your entire position and revoke my wise comment. f*ck you for even leaving an opinion without fully hearing me explain my reasoning..

Are you high? Or just mental?

Good luck with everything bro.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 7:21 Quote
wrote:
wrote:

Are you high? Or just mental?

Good luck with everything bro.

Haha I’m both bro, thanks for your energy in this thread it was lovely in proving my point.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
alaska2 wrote:

Are you high? Or just mental?

Good luck with everything bro.

Haha I’m both bro, thanks for your energy in this thread it was lovely in proving my point.

What is your point exactly? Sum it up in one properly structured sentence. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
alaska2 wrote:

Are you high? Or just mental?

Good luck with everything bro.

Haha I’m both bro, thanks for your energy in this thread it was lovely in proving my point.

What is your point exactly? Sum it up in one properly structured sentence. Thanks.

You express to other people where you stand with yourself.

You give or take. Give in love, take in fear.
This is a truth that directly relates to our riding, and money is tinting that relationship.

You got on this thread, didnt fully read what I even had to say, and decided to just take in fear. The energy behind your words has been constant taking. You haven't chosen to say one damn thing that makes me feel good, and that is what Im saying we are doing to other riders collectively. Part of your malicious energy is due to the fact we live in a capitalistic society that is in constant comparing of the self. Constant competition. It is keeping us from bonding in love and riding on a level that transcends the negative.
Its in me to, seeing as I immediately responded with a f*ck you. Which I would like to apologize for.
Im sorry for snapping back on you, I found your first comment to be very critical for someone who didnt even read what I had to say. It was wrong of me to attack back though regardless.
Im on to something with this though cmcrawfo. you gotta believe me!

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 17:16 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
alaska2 wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
alaska2 wrote:

Are you high? Or just mental?

Good luck with everything bro.

Haha I’m both bro, thanks for your energy in this thread it was lovely in proving my point.

What is your point exactly? Sum it up in one properly structured sentence. Thanks.

You express to other people where you stand with yourself.

You give or take. Give in love, take in fear.
This is a truth that directly relates to our riding, and money is tinting that relationship.

You got on this thread, didnt fully read what I even had to say, and decided to just take in fear. The energy behind your words has been constant taking. You haven't chosen to say one damn thing that makes me feel good, and that is what Im saying we are doing to other riders collectively. Part of your malicious energy is due to the fact we live in a capitalistic society that is in constant comparing of the self. Constant competition. It is keeping us from bonding in love and riding on a level that transcends the negative.
Its in me to, seeing as I immediately responded with a f*ck you. Which I would like to apologize for.
Im sorry for snapping back on you, I found your first comment to be very critical for someone who didnt even read what I had to say. It was wrong of me to attack back though regardless.
Im on to something with this though cmcrawfo. you gotta believe me!

To say I didn't read your post isn't totally accurate, to say that I had a difficult time understanding the exact point you where trying to make would be more honest. Your writing style / thought process is a touch ... lets say , avantgarde... and there isnt really an internet short hand that accurately describes that , other than WTF.

Despite all that, I am actually trying to engage you in an honest conversation, although I am not really sure thats a realistic possibility at this point.

Having a discussion isnt about making someone feel good, its about exchanging ideas. Sometimes people agree, sometimes they dont. If you want to talk about how competition and finance are contaminating a sport that grew up from the dirt, in small batch manufacturing and grass roots sponsorship/ advertising , then I am all for it... if you want jerk your self off for your own selfish online climax, I am gonna pass.

But I digress ... back to the topic at hand (as I understand it)

.... The thing that gives someone like semenuk the ability to not compete, and whore himself out in the coliseum of dirt, is the fact that he already did that. He rose to top and now he can exercise more autonomy over his livelihood. So for anyone else to be able to follow in his path, they would also need to achieve a similar level of success.. and how do they do that? by participating and dominating in the exact arena that you have contempt for, the same arena that you praise semenuk for abandoning.

The true MTB wizards are the ones that dont need to peruse fame and fortune on the MTB stage, that don't need likes or strava follows or world cup wins.. just the guys and gals grinding it out and bleeding in the dirt for them selves ...



....any way, keep it real, keep raw

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 20:54 Quote
wrote:
wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:
alaska2 wrote:
cmcrawfo wrote:


Are you high? Or just mental?

Good luck with everything bro.

Haha I’m both bro, thanks for your energy in this thread it was lovely in proving my point.

What is your point exactly? Sum it up in one properly structured sentence. Thanks.

You express to other people where you stand with yourself.

You give or take. Give in love, take in fear.
This is a truth that directly relates to our riding, and money is tinting that relationship.

You got on this thread, didnt fully read what I even had to say, and decided to just take in fear. The energy behind your words has been constant taking. You haven't chosen to say one damn thing that makes me feel good, and that is what Im saying we are doing to other riders collectively. Part of your malicious energy is due to the fact we live in a capitalistic society that is in constant comparing of the self. Constant competition. It is keeping us from bonding in love and riding on a level that transcends the negative.
Its in me to, seeing as I immediately responded with a f*ck you. Which I would like to apologize for.
Im sorry for snapping back on you, I found your first comment to be very critical for someone who didnt even read what I had to say. It was wrong of me to attack back though regardless.
Im on to something with this though cmcrawfo. you gotta believe me!

To say I didn't read your post isn't totally accurate, to say that I had a difficult time understanding the exact point you where trying to make would be more honest. Your writing style / thought process is a touch ... lets say , avantgarde... and there isnt really an internet short hand that accurately describes that , other than WTF.

Despite all that, I am actually trying to engage you in an honest conversation, although I am not really sure thats a realistic possibility at this point.

Having a discussion isnt about making someone feel good, its about exchanging ideas. Sometimes people agree, sometimes they dont. If you want to talk about how competition and finance are contaminating a sport that grew up from the dirt, in small batch manufacturing and grass roots sponsorship/ advertising , then I am all for it... if you want jerk your self off for your own selfish online climax, I am gonna pass.

But I digress ... back to the topic at hand (as I understand it)

.... The thing that gives someone like semenuk the ability to not compete, and whore himself out in the coliseum of dirt, is the fact that he already did that. He rose to top and now he can exercise more autonomy over his livelihood. So for anyone else to be able to follow in his path, they would also need to achieve a similar level of success.. and how do they do that? by participating and dominating in the exact arena that you have contempt for, the same arena that you praise semenuk for abandoning.

The true MTB wizards are the ones that dont need to peruse fame and fortune on the MTB stage, that don't need likes or strava follows or world cup wins.. just the guys and gals grinding it out and bleeding in the dirt for them selves ...



....any way, keep it real, keep raw

It is your desire to be so cruel...

Im concluding we are aware of the similar things when it comes to the biking and the money.
After looking at your riding I even have respect for you, regardless of your attitude.
I agree with the comment of us "real wizards" being the ones riding without any recognition, although it is irrelevant to what I meant by wizard in this post.
The communication is blocking us and if you treated me the way you have online, I would have had to resist punching you in the face. The way you are communicating says everything about how you view yourself, and Im tying this toxic relationship you have with yourself directly to the capitalism you participate in everyday. Brandons art recently is expressing views that I believe to be countering the capitalism, even playing watts and what not. His position gives him the power to change thousands of minds subliminally, so I attached the title wizard. He also plays with energy in a way none of us every could imagine.. I know that he still IS the exact thing that Im saying is toxic, but like I tried to say before, I don't think we can judge him for that and loose sight on the impact he can make.
Emotionally, you just keep attacking. It is what is said BEHIND your words. Its not even worth exchanging ideas with someone who is emotionally unaware. It sucks to because you seem to be very wise and have things to bring to me, you just keep shitting on me so its hard to hear you.

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
Welcome to the World op

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014990
Mobile Version of Website