Dreaded creak on new 29er

PB Forum :: 29ers
Dreaded creak on new 29er
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 17:51 Quote
the dreaded creak on a new bike. i have about 20 hours of trail riding on it. my bike man did take apart the bb and re-lube and checked it over. i have replaced the saddle, lubed the seat post, changed out peddles, tried different clips, oiled peddles, checked spokes, oiled spoke nipples, looked over chain and rear chain ring with a fine tooth comb, looked over routers, all bolts, nut's tight, front end tight, front thru axle good, it creaks when i peddle sitting or standing, and i can put my feet at 3 and 9 and move the bike left to right and get the sound.when i peddle it's a regular consistent click, click, click. only happens when i put weight on the peddles. sounds like it's from the bb to the rear drive train.sound travels in hollow frames. have not checked the rear thru axle, it is tight, really only thing i have not done.it's a marin nail trail 6.maybe i am missing something, oh no visual frame cracks.
i am 185 and this bike should handle me just fine.thanks for reading.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 4:41 Quote
Make sure rear der and hanger are tight. Just one of many possibilities.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 6:18 Quote
i just took off rear thru axle, cleaned and re-greased, might have done it. thanks.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 7:48 Quote
yep, the very last thing, silent as can be Smile

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009190
Mobile Version of Website