Truing stand for boost wheels

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Truing stand for boost wheels
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 1:17 Quote
It seems like most of the truing stands available are designed for QR wheels, especially at the budget end of the market. However I need to true up the boost (12mm x14Cool rear wheel on my trail bike - so can anyone recommend a suitable stand (and adaptors if needed) that will work on modern MTB wheels?

I'm thinking of something along the lines of a Park TS-8 (with TS-TA adaptor) or the X-Tools Pro Mechanic Truing Stand also looks like a good bet, but may be too narrow.

Whilst I would love a Park TS2.2, it is way over budget for me.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 5:14 Quote
If all you need to do is true that one wheel, wrap a zip tie around a seat or chain stay and use the end as a pointer. Waaaaay cheaper than a stand, does the same thing.... I have a custom built super adjustable truing stand, but I seldom use it to true wheels. I use it for building. More often than not I'm using something like chopstick attached to a stay with a hair tie just for truing. Faster than removing a wheel when you already have the bike sitting in a repair stand anyway.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 7:50 Quote
I would like to use it for building in the future, but just starting off with truing.

As it happens a used Park TS-8 has come up locally on eBay at a decent price, so bought that. I've also ordered a TS-TA clone from China on eBay.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 13:33 Quote
Just to tidy this up - my Chinese eBay equivalent of a Park Tool TS-TA arrived today, it does the job perfectly at about 1/6th of the price of the Park item.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018347
Mobile Version of Website