What upgrades ?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 3:55 Quote
So, I am fairly new to mtb and I got recommended to buy the Lapierre edge am 627. I have now got the bike and I am thinking of riding some bike parks. My question is do I need to upgrade anything on it so I don’t die?

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 13:41 Quote
If you are new to MTB it's likely that your current skill level will kill you first. A full suspension bike would look after you more but that's not an option. Get some better pedals and if you don't have them already, decent riding shoes like 510s. Keeping your feet planted on the pedals is vital. You could also set it up tubeless so you can run lower tyre pressures and hence get more grip.
After that you can look at stronger brakes but unless you feel like you are pushing the current brakes beyond their limits then there is no need to do that just yet.

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:08 Quote
Davec85 wrote:
If you are new to MTB it's likely that your current skill level will kill you first. A full suspension bike would look after you more but that's not an option. Get some better pedals and if you don't have them already, decent riding shoes like 510s. Keeping your feet planted on the pedals is vital. You could also set it up tubeless so you can run lower tyre pressures and hence get more grip.
After that you can look at stronger brakes but unless you feel like you are pushing the current brakes beyond their limits then there is no need to do that just yet.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply I really appreciate that!!!

Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 15:19 Quote
Rafal-Zakrzewski wrote:
Davec85 wrote:

Awesome! Thanks for the reply I really appreciate that!!!

The best upgrade you could get as a beginner is definitely a skills lesson! Helped me immensely.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 10:54 Quote
I'd recommend investing in yourself a bit too. Knee pads, decent helmet and gloves are good for protection. Make sure you have a few tools and a way to fix a puncture, so you aren't constantly borrowing stuff off friends. Plus a dropper seat post would probably help at bike parks.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.008688
Mobile Version of Website