Looking for custom wheel builders online that ship to Whistler.... Also tyre choice for Whistler?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Looking for custom wheel builders online that ship to Whistler.... Also tyre choice for Whistler?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 18, 2019 at 4:25 Quote
Flying from the UK and want some new wheels before I fly. So thought I might save a bit of cash and make my life easier by getting the wheels shipped to whistler. Uk gear seems way more expensive.

Requirements:
Spank Vibrocore rims
Hope pro 4 front hub ( I will be switching between 15x110 and 20x110 using their adaptors)
May change this spec if any other front hub can do this?
Rear hub can be any, a decent balance between value and engagement. Didn't rate the pro 4s on the rear and man are they noisy.

Any advice on sites to use?

Also, what tyres are you Whistler riders using and why?
Was debating running 2.5 DHF's front and rear.
Or trying out some magic marys.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 6:27 Quote
Any help guys? Even just tyre advice? Debating 2.5" Convicts. Can get a pair for £40. Not too good in the wet apparently. How wet does it get there?

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
You are flying into the MTB capital of Canada. Just call a shop there, close to where you are staying and have them build you up a set.

And tyres - Minion All things.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 8:23 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
You are flying into the MTB capital of Canada. Just call a shop there, close to where you are staying and have them build you up a set.

And tyres - Minion All things.

This. Call up Evolution or another local shop and see who they recommend. I'd venture there are a few online builders located there anyways...

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 4:36 Quote
Cheers, just bought a pair of 650b x 2.5" exo minion DHF's for £57 on an ebay offer. Only a little more than the £52 I was planning to spend on the convicts.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013392
Mobile Version of Website