Pump track cover & protection

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Pump track cover & protection
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 22:50 Quote
Hello, my dad has a small land that I can build a pump track on it. However, it rains quite a lot in some months and the rain is quite heavy sometimes. Maybe just a few hours of rain could cause real damage to the dirt pump track.
Before I have the budget to build it with asphalt, I am thinking to cover the track with a cover when it is not used, like carpets or any other kind of recommended cover.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Is it really helpful? What is the recommended material or cover to use with affordable cost and great functionality?

Thanks

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 11:49 Quote
I have a solid set of dirt jumps near my house and I cover them with rugs when riding alot and big tarps before rain. As long as the tarps stop the water from hitting directly and dont drain onto the riding surface you should be ok.

Also clay holds up in rain for me rather than regular dirt but dirt still works just fine.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 21:38 Quote
I didn't find any pictures online, but they have a pump track at Rockland Preserve (Madison, CT) and they cover it all winter, at least. You may be able to find a contact person to talk to.

https://www.madisonct.org/783/Rockland-Bike-Park

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
At our pumptrack we use old billboard ad traps.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011437
Mobile Version of Website