Update of shock on Trek Slash 2012

PB Forum :: Trek
Update of shock on Trek Slash 2012
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 23:51 Quote
Hey,
I have a small big problem with the shock on my bike. I have Trek Slash 2012 with Fox CTD DRCV. Shock wasn't working properly (couldn't lock it at all) so I had to send it to Fox. They had a look at it and told me that because it's old they can't guarantee that even after service it will work probably or last long enough + it would be expensive so their solution was: they send me discounted 2019 Fox DPS and I will also need adapter, most likely this one https://www.dirtlabs.com/product/trek-trunnion-mount-adapter-kit/. Therefore I'm worndering if anybody could give me advice, another solution or went through something similar. I also just find out that there might be type/size of shock that would work even without using adapter but two sources before told me that there is none even guy from Fox didn't mention this. I'm from Whistler and so far it seems that nobody cannot help me with this problem.
Thank you

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 23:58 Quote
That seems like a pretty solid solution that you have already.

Is it the cost thats making you consider other options?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 0:17 Quote
Problem is that nobody can't tell me if it's gonna work properly in first place or even well-known shops(mechanic from Fox as well) don't have experience of doing it at all. I'm just bit scared now after all those problems I've had with this shock so far to jump into this one without asking first. Also that link I posted they only ship to US so I would have to first ship it to person to US and then he would have to send it to me to Canada which is a bit annoying if it's not even gonna work.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 3:06 Quote
I dont see how it wouldn't work. The trunnion adapter looks legit. What is the exact concern all these mechanics have with how the system is gonna function? As long as the shock length and stroke are similar, I cant imagine any tangible issues.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
That trunnion mount kit looks correct - when ordering the shock, try to get one that is closest to your original stroke length as possible.

The OE was 8.25 x 2.375 so I'd suggest choosing one with a size of 210 x 55 which would bring it close. You'd reduce your travel length, but it would keep the static geometry and clearance.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 17:08 Quote
Thank you so much guys I'm gonna order that mount kit through somebody from dirtlab then... too bad they don't ship to Canada really Big Grin

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009189
Mobile Version of Website