Best all around bike around 3k

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best all around bike around 3k
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 16:04 Quote
Im.looking to buy a new bike for.around 3k. Looking for something new or.almost.new with decent components that I wont.kill.right away. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 21:50 Quote
Id take a look at the Commencial Meta. Its got pretty good components for the price point. Another thing you could do is check your LBS for 2018s that didn't sell.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 8:06 Quote
DHhedge wrote:
Id take a look at the Commencial Meta. Its got pretty good components for the price point. Another thing you could do is check your LBS for 2018s that didn't sell.

I just got a commercal TR29 and am pretty happy with it so far... can recommend.. plus they shipped same day and were easy to deal with Smile

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 23:27 Quote
A well negotiated Stumpjumper Evo at some dealers won't be too far off that mark

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 23:39 Quote
Arierep wrote:
A well negotiated Stumpjumper Evo at some dealers won't be too far off that mark

Sick bike, but not sure that a stumpy Evo is the best "all round" bike, a normal stumpy or a fuel ex etc would probably be more suitable.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 1:07 Quote
EliasFritzen wrote:
Arierep wrote:

Sick bike, but not sure that a stumpy Evo is the best "all round" bike, a normal stumpy or a fuel ex etc would probably be more suitable.

Sure, it depends a lot on what "all-round" means for each person, but I would said is as versatile as a Meta TR.

Anyway, just a suggestion

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 0:08 Quote
New with warranty?

You can consider the Canyon Spectral AL 6.0 - $2,899 (https://www.canyon.com/en-us/mountain-bikes/trail-bikes/spectral/spectral-al-6.0/1997.html) - Trail bike. 27.5 Wheels though.

Alternatively, bump yourself up to 4k and you have a variety of options for New base carbon models like the Canyon, Santa Cruz, YT, and others.

If you need to stay under 3k and carbon - a "used" one for under 3k is def doable (this would be my choice).

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
I’d say used Canfield Riot. Quality builds go for sub-3k around here all the time.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
Arierep wrote:
EliasFritzen wrote:
Arierep wrote:

Sure, it depends a lot on what "all-round" means for each person, but I would said is as versatile as a Meta TR.

Anyway, just a suggestion

I mean you're probably right, I've never ridden a stumpy Evo so I can't really say. Looks like a beast for sure!

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 5:25 Quote
Trek remedy 8 £2700 new great spec. I've had mine two years doing everything from natural trails to enduro and even some downhill and it just does everything you want it to. Upgraded brakes, grips and some good pedals and your sweet. Another bonus is the aftercare which is why I got it over a yt or canyon

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 5:25 Quote
Trek remedy 8 £2700 new great spec. I've had mine two years doing everything from natural trails to enduro and even some downhill and it just does everything you want it to. Upgraded brakes, grips and some good pedals and your sweet. Another bonus is the aftercare which is why I got it over a yt or canyon

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
I'd go for the Canyon strive. with the Shape shifter 2.0, seems like a perfect bike for me.
actually, im trying to sell my Norco Range to get one of those.
Second one on the list is the Commencal TR

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 14:44 Quote
YT has 15% off all of their bikes right now!

May be an option

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009684
Mobile Version of Website