Sram xx1 or shimano xt 11 speed ?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Sram xx1 or shimano xt 11 speed ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 20:04 Quote
building ?a hardtail and wanted opinions on either sram xx1 or shimano xt 11 speed

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 8:45 Quote
slomoto wrote:
building ?a hardtail and wanted opinions on either sram xx1 or shimano xt 11 speed
XX1 replacement cassettes and rear derailleur are very expensive. XD freehub allows more wide-range cassette options than Shimano (so using a 10t or 9t smallest cog you can run a smaller chainring).
SRAM Guide brakes had the lever-seize issue, not sure if it's fully resolved on new versions, but (IME) they have better modulation than XT, with similar power.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 19:55 Quote
slomoto wrote:

Run XX1. It's definitely more expensive, but it's still my favorite drive train of all time, even now that I'm on the new stuff. The reliability, lightness and shift quality are unparalleled.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 5:17 Quote
If money is the bigger issue I'd go with Shimano XT. If not, then I'd go XX1. Two main reasons: XD driver gives you a wider range of gear ratio options on the small end of the cassette, and the derailleur cage lock on the SRAM stuff is a nice convenience feature if you do your own maintenance and repairs, or if you have to remove and install your rear wheel a lot for travel.

Aside from those three issues I'd say they're both pretty comparable in quality and performance. I'll happily ride, repair, or tune either drivetrain.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
You could also run a SRAM cassette with Shimano. I’m still running a XX1 cassette with the Shimano XTR shifter/derailleur. Works great, I definitely like the index shift and double shifts of Shimano.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 9:10 Quote
sdken wrote:
You could also run a SRAM cassette with Shimano. I’m still running a XX1 cassette with the Shimano XTR shifter/derailleur. Works great, I definitely like the index shift and double shifts of Shimano.
Same but I suggest running a wolftooth goatlink to ease shifting into the smallest cog.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009080
Mobile Version of Website