Oneup dropper issues

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Oneup dropper issues
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 2:26 Quote
Hey I have a recently new 170mm dropper and all was well for about half a ride then I had some issues with it going down on it's own. I thought I had it sorted by having more of the post out of the frame reducing the cable angle in the frame but, its started happening again.

I have tried more cable tension, less tension, more in the frame, less in the frame. It's getting a bit annoying.

I know these posts have a good reputation so I am sure it's fixable. Does anyone have any tips to get it working correctly? It's in a Megatower if that makes a difference. I know they actuate using the outer rather then the cable itself, I am starting to wonder if it's just not compatible with the frame.

Cheers

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 6:19 Quote
jimmy29 wrote:
Hey I have a recently new 170mm dropper and all was well for about half a ride then I had some issues with it going down on it's own. I thought I had it sorted by having more of the post out of the frame reducing the cable angle in the frame but, its started happening again.

I have tried more cable tension, less tension, more in the frame, less in the frame. It's getting a bit annoying.

I know these posts have a good reputation so I am sure it's fixable. Does anyone have any tips to get it working correctly? It's in a Megatower if that makes a difference. I know they actuate using the outer rather then the cable itself, I am starting to wonder if it's just not compatible with the frame.

Cheers

I had the same issue with mine and it was the cable routing. Because it's the outer that moves and not the inner, I think they are a bit more susceptible to problems with routing. Mine was due to a tight turn in the cable route around the BB area.

Posted: Jun 24, 2019 at 7:07 Quote
metaam wrote:
jimmy29 wrote:

Cheers

I had the same issue with mine and it was the cable routing. Because it's the outer that moves and not the inner, I think they are a bit more susceptible to problems with routing. Mine was due to a tight turn in the cable route around the BB area.

I thought it might be the case. I will have a try with some PTFE lube or similar on the outer and try it a bit further out the frame. Trouble is to much more and it wont be comfortable in the down position.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 11:12 Quote
The SC frames with low shock mount position are a known issue for the One Up posts...

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 11:57 Quote
Mine creeped up slowly henley not on it and down when on it. (2019 v2) (3months old)
It did same thing out of the bike.
My assumption is bad cartridge. Easy to work on just waiting to hear back on warranty from place I purchased it because oneup doesnt deal with consumers for warranty.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 11:59 Quote
when not on it.... not henley not on it.
Dang phone.????

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 22:17 Quote
I just got mine back from warranty, and one ride only and is doing it again it goes done by ir self when I am sitting on it and go up by it self when I am not in the saddle!! Any one had this problem?

Posted: Oct 13, 2020 at 23:37 Quote
Sounds like too much tension on the cable in the resting position (i.e. the actuator is constantly slighlty engaged)

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2020 at 6:32 Quote
norcalsf wrote:
I just got mine back from warranty, and one ride only and is doing it again it goes done by ir self when I am sitting on it and go up by it self when I am not in the saddle!! Any one had this problem?

Remove the post from the bike. Lay the post on the table without the cable attached. See if the post extends on its own. If it does, then its a bad cartridge.
If it doesn't, you had the cable tension too tight.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 11:53 Quote
[Quote="norcalsf"]I just got mine back from warranty, and one ride only and is doing it again it goes done by ir self when I am sitting on it and go up by it self when I am not in the saddle!! Any one had this problem?

I have the same problem. Funny thing is that it is on the bike you sold me?

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2022 at 12:57 Quote
Same problem, bought a stumpjumper evo less than a year ago, the dropper stopped working so I took it to Hilltop in NYC, and they said it was leaking.
Following that oneup never replied to any approaches neither by phone nor by email (both me and Hilltop tried), so there goes the 2 years warranty they promise...
But I guess I better not have their dropper or any other component of their's in my bike.

Posted: Oct 14, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
Really? I contacted them myself and they sent me parts from other side of world for my dropper.

They've replaced pedals and even my multi tool when i had issues.

Oneup are legit as. - send them a fresh email from their website or FB etc.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011100
Mobile Version of Website