2015 reign advance 1

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 reign advance 1
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 2:48 Quote
I have a 2015 reign advance 1, i have been thinking about upgrading to a new one or just spending some money upgrading mine? Any thoughts? If upgrading where would money be best spent? Thanks.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 2:39 Quote
Nothing special about new frame https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/bikes-reign-advanced

Only connected link, anything else - you wouldn't notice the dif.

And of course colo scheme - it's just perfect on 2015 https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/reign-advanced-27dot5-1-2015

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 4:13 Quote
jasminov wrote:
Nothing special about new frame https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/bikes-reign-advanced

Only connected link, anything else - you wouldn't notice the dif.

And of course colo scheme - it's just perfect on 2015 https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/reign-advanced-27dot5-1-2015

Err the geometry is quite a bit updated...
You will notice the difference.

I give it a couple of weeks until they reveal the 2020 range and then you can consider a new one or get a '19 on sale

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
timbud wrote:

Err the geometry is quite a bit updated...
You will notice the difference.
Tried. Didn't notice.

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
[Quote="jasminov"]
timbud wrote:

Tried. Didn't notice.

Wow, you're THE first person I've heard with that opinion.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 4:24 Quote
xaj23x wrote:
I have a 2015 reign advance 1, i have been thinking about upgrading to a new one or just spending some money upgrading mine? Any thoughts? If upgrading where would money be best spent? Thanks.
Is there some part not working OK (weak brakes, shifting too small range, need more travel etc...)? If yes, upgrade that part, otherwise no need to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading (very common thing in todays consumer society :-)

In general, save upgrade money towards new bike in next season or two, there were some minor changes in geometry over the years on Reign. Minor, not mayor - so don't expect that new Reign 2019 will be like night and day towards 2015 you currently own.

Posted: 15 hours ago Quote
biggest difference on the new model is that the suspension is very progressive which gives you the ability to run a coil shock, the trunnion mount and one piece carbon link are nice details too

Posted: 2 hours ago Quote
Thanks for all the advice, decided to keep the 2015. The reverb is playing up so might get a new dropper and keep the bike for another year or so?

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013824
Mobile Version of Website