2019 Troy shock set-up. Struggling to get full travel

PB Forum :: Devinci
2019 Troy shock set-up. Struggling to get full travel
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 4:30 Quote
Questions for anybody running a current generation Troy (or spartan)... what kind of sag are you all running? When I set my shock up for the recommended 30% sag, I don’t even come close to using full travel (~35mm travel of 52.5mm stroke).

My previous bike was an RM altitude and I used ~90% of travel on the same trails. That had a 55mm stroke with 150mm travel.

The shock is the OE RS deluxe. I’m running ~210psi to get to 30% sag. This pressure seems low to me based on my experience with the Fox DPX2 that came with my altitude. There I was running upwards of 300 psi. I weigh ~220 lbs. I haven’t yet opened up the shock to see if devinci put any volume spacers in there prior to shipping.

Any thoughts or experiences? I’d prefer not to run 40% sag or more but also don’t want to never access 1/3 of my travel.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
Its recommended to just run the 1 clip on spacer and 30% sag to get the best performance. I jumped up to 2 spacers to avoid bottom out but it seemed to almost be too firm once I did. So now Im running a Canecreek DB coil w/ climb switch.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 18:52 Quote
I did open up the air can on the OE RS deluxe today and there was one volume spacer installed. Here’s for hoping that removing it will result in access to that last 33% of travel.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.010913
Mobile Version of Website