Bottom bracket issues...HEEEELP

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bottom bracket issues...HEEEELP
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
Hi folks I'm having a lot of trouble finding a replacment bottom bracket for my Giant downhill comp, the current bottom bracket is a raceface isis dh 143mm, the shell is 100mm, I've taken it to a bike shop an they cant find a bottom bracket to replace it, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great even if it means a complete new set up.

Thanks

Ryan

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 15:24 Quote
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B009VUARN0/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

You should find a better bike shop. One that either has an internet connection or an actual parts catalog.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
Just replace the bearings? That is all that wrong with a BB usually.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 6:51 Quote
Thanks for your feedback I'll definitely look into those links and see if I can get those in the uk.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Just replace the bearings? That is all that wrong with a BB usually.

I never new you could replace the bearings in them, I thought they couldn't come apart, ill have a look an see if it comes apart, cheers

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 7:22 Quote
Yeah just a case of tapping them out and making sure you pop the new ones in flush. Cover them in thick grease too, will help extend the life a bit.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 7:38 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Yeah just a case of tapping them out and making sure you pop the new ones in flush. Cover them in thick grease too, will help extend the life a bit.

that’s a sealed unit. It’s not coming apart.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 16:08 Quote
Oh man. My eyes are old... or I was stoned. Probably both. I swore the original post said 148x100.

143x100 is a rare bird, so is ISIS. The combo may have only existed on those giants.

While I would have to measure to be sure, I would bet a 148 spindle could work. At the most if you shimmed the chain ring u could correct the chain line if it’s awful. On the up side, it’s a DH bike ... so if it shifts like poo it’s not as big a deal.

Alternatively, u buy an entirely different crank / bb interface , but that’s not a realistic solution as it would probably cost as much as the bike.

I love eating my words.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015298
Mobile Version of Website