2018 Glory carbon crash replacement

PB Forum :: Giant
2018 Glory carbon crash replacement
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
Hi guys, I bought a 2018 glory carbon a few months ago and cracked the frame on my first ride. I bought the bike used but the frame was a new replacement for the previous owner. I had the previous owner bring it in to see if we could get another frame but I guess since it was already a warrantied frame they won’t warranty another one so I’m stuck paying for a crash replacement. It’s been since the beginning of May since the bike shop started the claim and still haven’t heard anything from giant. Has anyone dealt with giant crash replacement and know how long it takes? I’m starting to think I won’t even be able to ride it this season. Probably won’t actually even ride it at all since I don’t think I could trust a frame that cracks so easily but it’s pretty hard to sell a broken bike. The crack is located under the head tube

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
It doesn't matter if the frame has already been warrantied... It will still be covered. At least for the original owner anyway.
UK/EU warranty lead times are usually 2-3 weeks, but over here they don't normally do crash replacements.
I'd guess it should be fairly similar for Giant in Canada and the US

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 4:27 Quote
Johnbron65 wrote:
Hi guys, I bought a 2018 glory carbon a few months ago and cracked the frame on my first ride. I bought the bike used but the frame was a new replacement for the previous owner. I had the previous owner bring it in to see if we could get another frame but I guess since it was already a warrantied frame they won’t warranty another one so I’m stuck paying for a crash replacement. It’s been since the beginning of May since the bike shop started the claim and still haven’t heard anything from giant. Has anyone dealt with giant crash replacement and know how long it takes? I’m starting to think I won’t even be able to ride it this season. Probably won’t actually even ride it at all since I don’t think I could trust a frame that cracks so easily but it’s pretty hard to sell a broken bike. The crack is located under the head tube
Suggest they warrant you ALU frame for free and they can keep the carbon. You get crack free frame this way :-)

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 23:48 Quote
Update 4 months later: giant decided they aren’t going to help me out at all. Guess that’s what I get for buying used...

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 3:26 Quote
Johnbron65 wrote:
Update 4 months later: giant decided they aren’t going to help me out at all. Guess that’s what I get for buying used...
If original owner claimed warranty and warranty is still valid, they must replace it, otherwise you will need a lawyer to tell them :-)
Of course that should be done by original owner, which isn't likely to happen :-( Suggest you buy new ALU frame (look Commencal frames from previous years maybe), which will be cheaper and more crack proof (read more dent friendly :-) You already have all other parts.
Or sell all current parts (cracked frame is worthless.) add some money and buy new bike. Can be almost cheaper than buying just frame eheh

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007655
Mobile Version of Website