Return to Earth ride log

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Return to Earth ride log
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 15:05 Quote
I got up a 5am to ride my local trail (a Trailforks trail) in the pissing rain and after all that I don’t seem to have got my Return to Earth day one badge.????
It definitely recorded on Trailforks, maybe just a bit slow??
Ridelog from Jul 1, 2019
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6978983/

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 15:31 Quote
Did the same here - no badge yet either - the competition runs on Pacific Standard time but hopefully it will accept rides from AEST once the competition "opens"?

After this mornings ride and nearly getting clobbered by a car getting to the trails, I'm wondering if cycle paths count towards the badges. If I add a couple of those near my place it might be a bit safer than trying to get to the forest before work.

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
Did the same here - no badge yet either - the competition runs on Pacific Standard time but hopefully it will accept rides from AEST once the competition "opens"?

After this mornings ride and nearly getting clobbered by a car getting to the trails, I'm wondering if cycle paths count towards the badges. If I add a couple of those near my place it might be a bit safer than trying to get to the forest before work.
At least part of the ride does have to be a trail listed on Trailforks so that may determine if your ride will register.
If you go to the leaderboard there are already a few NZ and Aussie people listed so it should be local time.

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 15:57 Quote
I have the same issue with my ride this morning. It's logged on trailforks and recognizes that I was on a trailforks trail but I haven't received a badge.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
Stredda wrote:
At least part of the ride does have to be a trail listed on Trailforks so that may determine if your ride will register.
If you go to the leaderboard there are already a few NZ and Aussie people listed so it should be local time.

Yeah I made sure it ticked all the boxes as required. Tried re-syncing badges and stuff but doesn't seem to be registering.

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 17:27 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
Stredda wrote:

Yeah I made sure it ticked all the boxes as required. Tried re-syncing badges and stuff but doesn't seem to be registering.
Yeah me too. Disappointing, I was really looking forward to this challenge to get me motivated to ride more in the middle of winter. Frown

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
Stredda wrote:
Yeah me too. Disappointing, I was really looking forward to this challenge to get me motivated to ride more in the middle of winter. Frown

Ah i'm sure its just some glitch or whatnot. Hopefully once the admins come online they can let us know what is up. Before midnight....

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 20:34 Quote
Same deal here, freezing cold 5am ride and no badge!

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
Same here. Very frustrating.

Posted: Jun 30, 2019 at 22:49 Quote
Damn, I should've read this before I woke up at 4.30 am to log a ride Wink So in central europe it's same situation for me, log says 2 trails, but no badge :/

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 0:03 Quote
Wow, now I’m wondering if I need to ride again tonight!

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 0:49 Quote
Just quick question to all of you guys - did anyone of you ride a SANCTIONED trail and did not receive a badge? Because originaly this contest was about riding sanctioned trails, but after lot of comments here on PB they said, that any trail on trailforks will suffice. But I'm wondering, if they also changed the parameters in app to grant badges.
For me, it was unsactioned trail. I don't have any sanctioned trail nearby, so no way to test my idea.

EDIT: I've checked trail from Stredda's log and it seems to be sanctioned one, so my theory was wrong..

EDIT2: my profile page shows in recent activity log with title "Jun 30, 2019 ride log" although detail of log shows correct "Monday July 1, 2019 - 4:55 am" so there must be some issue with timezones. I did not have set up country of residence in pinkbike profile, so I've updated it, did logout/login for both, PB and Trailforks, and rescanned badges, but still no luck. It seems, that this contest will be for me over sooner then expected with issues like this.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 2:54 Quote
my-dudesty wrote:

EDIT2: my profile page shows in recent activity log with title "Jun 30, 2019 ride log" although detail of log shows correct "Monday July 1, 2019 - 4:55 am" so there must be some issue with timezones. I did not have set up country of residence in pinkbike profile, so I've updated it, did logout/login for both, PB and Trailforks, and rescanned badges, but still no luck. It seems, that this contest will be for me over sooner then expected with issues like this.

Mine shows July 1st for the ride, sanctioned trail completed. No idea why the badge isn't there but hopefully just a glitch. Won't have time to do another ride tonight now.

Its pretty cool watching the badge count go up though - and the badges granted flags follow the timezones around the world haha.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 3:23 Quote
Yeah, regarding badge count going up, info from https://www.trailforks.com/badges/view/34853 is really motivating:
Participants 468
Awarded 462

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
So My friend got a badge and i didnt...
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6992341/

https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/6992742/

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008878
Mobile Version of Website