Return to Earth ride log

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Return to Earth ride log
O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 12:25 Quote
canadaka wrote:
There will be a challenge summary page with some stats up tomorrow once the whole world has had time to finish.

That'll be interesting, see who clocked up the most, maybe differences between northern/southern hemisphere etc I've also been interested to see the streak drop off each day. Looked like around 100/day to start then down to 50 then 40 then 20 or so for the final few days as everyone's resolve hardened to make it though!

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
I'm having issues getting today's ride to show up in my ride log. It shows up under recording history with a green check, but does not show up in the ride log. :-/ I've had this happen before, but its always gone once I've gotten home and on the wifi. I'm sort of panicking.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 16:06 Quote
Thanks for the challenge. Its been interesting finding the time to get it all done - was a good excuse to push myself a bit and get up early or go for a evening ride.

kingtut87 wrote:
That'll be interesting, see who clocked up the most, maybe differences between northern/southern hemisphere etc I've also been interested to see the streak drop off each day. Looked like around 100/day to start then down to 50 then 40 then 20 or so for the final few days as everyone's resolve hardened to make it though!

Us antipodeans are in winter at the moment so there's limited daylight hours and some chilly mornings going on. Of course I'm sure the weather everywhere has affected everyone else just as much.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
Thanks for the challenge. Its been interesting finding the time to get it all done - was a good excuse to push myself a bit and get up early or go for a evening ride.

As antipodeans are in winter at the moment so there's limited daylight hours and some chilly mornings going on. Of course I'm sure the weather everywhere has affected everyone else just as much.

How many Km and meters did you end up doing? Seen you quite often early on the leaderboard.

Had a few very wet and windy rides and a couple of 0 degrees C ones too.Confused

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 18:54 Quote
Stredda wrote:
How many Km and meters did you end up doing? Seen you quite often early on the leaderboard.

Had a few very wet and windy rides and a couple of 0 degrees C ones too.Confused

I live close to a trail so most of my weekday rides were very short. 220km and 6000m for the month. 3 or 4 rides in wild rain in the first week really tested my dedication - they were hard to get excited about. Going out for a night ride tonight for day 31 though.

The only crappy part was the good trails near me have been hidden or deleted off Trailforks by the land manager so to get a badge I couldn't do those ones and had to go do a legal fireroad section which was a bit less exciting.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 21:48 Quote
My 30th !!! ride today didn't register a trail. Rode almost exactly the same route as yesterday. Got a badge yesterday but not today. Please, can I have my last badge!
EDIT: Never mind, just went for another ride. My first night ride ever. Got the badge.

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
canadaka wrote:
you MUST be "joined" on the contest to show on the leaderboards and be eligible for prizes.
https://www.trailforks.com/contests/view/5/
You CAN earn the badges without being joined on the contest, so make sure you've clicked the yellow join button. You can tell that your joined if the yellow button is slightly opaque and the text says "leave contest".

Just to confirm, I was not joined for the first few days but received all 30 badges and am now joined in the contest, am I eligible for the draw?

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 22:43 Quote
mrtoodles wrote:
Stredda wrote:

I live close to a trail so most of my weekday rides were very short. 220km and 6000m for the month. 3 or 4 rides in wild rain in the first week really tested my dedication - they were hard to get excited about. Going out for a night ride tonight for day 31 though.

The only crappy part was the good trails near me have been hidden or deleted off Trailforks by the land manager so to get a badge I couldn't do those ones and had to go do a legal fireroad section which was a bit less exciting.

I’m lucky to live 5min from the awesome new Wild Mersey trails, otherwise it would have been a real challenge to get the weekday rides in.

Mod O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 23:23 Quote
maxwellborden wrote:
canadaka wrote:
you MUST be "joined" on the contest to show on the leaderboards and be eligible for prizes.
https://www.trailforks.com/contests/view/5/
You CAN earn the badges without being joined on the contest, so make sure you've clicked the yellow join button. You can tell that your joined if the yellow button is slightly opaque and the text says "leave contest".

Just to confirm, I was not joined for the first few days but received all 30 badges and am now joined in the contest, am I eligible for the draw?

Yes, you just have to be joined when the draw happens, which will be in a day or so.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 23:53 Quote
All but the first page of the leaderboard seem to be not available?

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 9:58 Quote
Thank you, PinkBike, Trailforks, Anthill etc, this has been a great experience. I ride a lot anyways but this definitely increased my motivation. I just want to keep going!

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
"Shortest Distance" leaderboard hahalol

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 2:49 Quote
DPfilms wrote:
"Shortest Distance" leaderboard hahalol
That would actually be difficult to win. You would need a very short trail and ride only that trail as you need to ride a whole trail to get a badge.

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 6:34 Quote
Interestingly the distance and elevation only includes the rides that were awarded badges. So on days I rode twice (commute via trails), I only get credited distance for the first ride on the leaderboard. I kept wondering why my distance there was so low compared to strava.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014023
Mobile Version of Website