Air Canada has lost my two Evoc bags with Yeti's inside

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Air Canada has lost my two Evoc bags with Yeti's inside
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 6:10 Quote
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice in dealing with Air Canada who so far have not been able to find my two Evoc Bags.
I flew the last leg of my journey from San Francisco to Vancouver last Friday, 28th June, and had deposited my bikes and bag into the transfer hatch at SFO. My bag arrived, but the two Evoc's bike bags had not.

Air Canada have been less than helpful in providing any advice through their lost baggage website or contact number.

I can't believe that these things can be located given they were in SFO.

My trip to Whistler (such as awesome place) has had a serious dent as riding shoes, pack, tools etc. are not here.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Would anyone have details of Canadian contacts, not their outsourced numbers, or other advice in how to get this escalated to someone who gives a damn? I reached out to them via FB, and now Twitter (#wherearemybikebags) , but no response.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
Man, what a bummer. Sorry to hear about your situation. I don't have much info to help in terms of who to contact. But I have a similar story from when I flew down to Colorado from Toronto last month with bikes. Air Canada also lost our bikes. Over 24 hours later they luckily found them and delivered them, but lost out on a day of riding because of it. The excuse they used was that there was no room on the plane for our bikes, so they were left behind in Toronto. That, and the fact that they screwed up our flights on the way home as well (but fortunately didn't lose bikes that time) will make me steer clear of Air Canada for any future travel plans.

My advice, avoid flying Air Canada at all costs, especially with bikes. Stick to WestJet. I've flown WestJet with bikes many times without a single issue.

Good luck.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 23:55 Quote
Are you still in Vancouver? Honestly the best results are to physically be in the airline's baggage issues centre near the baggage claim and refuse to leave until a satisfactory resolution (including those idiots figuring out where the bags are -- if they are tagged there's no reason they can't tell you last location). Good luck dude, horrible situation.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 14:55 Quote
Do you know if or if not a some random just ran in there and grabbed them? Who knows maybe you could pretend you have good reason to believe so and just get police there to make them realise they actually do want to take your issue seriously.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 16:41 Quote
ToweringpileofKona wrote:
Do you know if or if not a some random just ran in there and grabbed them? Who knows maybe you could pretend you have good reason to believe so and just get police there to make them realise they actually do want to take your issue seriously.

Definitely possible, YVR has gates that are supposed to stop people from walking into baggage area who aren't coming from arrivals but you can easily open and walk through them. And the airlines just drop oversize luggage through the receiving area without checking who takes it.

OP needs to get AC to verify where the bags are, did they even get scanned in at YVR etc.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008701
Mobile Version of Website