Shimano saint hubs reliability

PB Forum :: Downhill
Shimano saint hubs reliability
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Looking to get saint hubs but read a few reviews and longetivity has been an issues, and just wonder if the hubs got better? Anyone had them for a while without problem?

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 16:31 Quote
Surprised you’ve heard this, really! They’re about the most reliable hubs out there.....almost to the point of boring. I’ve run several sets for multiple seasons with zero issues. I never really cared for them just because they’re silent and prefer some noise.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
I have had Saint hubs in the past and would not recommend them.

If you don’t service them regularly and wait for the bearings to develop play like most people and then decide to replace the bearings at that point it may already be too late due to the design being cup and cone. With other brands that use cartridge bearings you can just press out the wretched set and replace with new. But with cup and cone if it gets too worn, your hub may need to be replaced. That is what happened to mine.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 14:47 Quote
Haha another 50/50 opinion thanks for the replies.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 15:03 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
Haha another 50/50 opinion thanks for the replies.

Right on. I get the other guys opinion. I guess if you’re not a wrench or a regular parts maintaining guy it may be an issue? I regularly work on and service all my bikes so I guess i don’t give them a chance to go bad. Maybe a positive of OCD!

That being said.....I do love me some Hopes!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009038
Mobile Version of Website