PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Best Canadian made enduro bike??
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 15:39 Quote
Looking for opinions on next bike.
Was thinking Norco Range.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2019 at 15:49 Quote
If your looking for actual Canadian made, not just assembled then there are very few choices out there. The only one that comes to mind is the Devinci Spartan with the aluminum frame.

Otherwise there are many Canadian companies that have the frames made overseas and then assemble them in Canada, like the Norco.

I haven’t heard any complaints on the Norco.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 22:13 Quote
Rocky Mountain Slayer, Altitude, or Instinct BC. I absolutely love how they’ve designed their frames. The linkage keeps things plenty efficient when the shock is wide open. The days of just putting up with a bike in order to pedal to the top are over. Those bikes still have fun when unlocked and hammering.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 10:23 Quote
I'm not sure if anything is actually made in Canada. But Rocky Mountain, Norco, and Devinci are the two biggest players. Evolve is a newer smaller company out of Squamish, and I would assume they make their stuff overseas as well. Norco Range in both 27.5 and 29 are good options. Rocky basically has three options in the Slayer, Altitude, and Instinct BC Edition. Devinci Spartan's are also pretty rad.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
I'm not sure if anything is actually made in Canada.
Devinci’s aluminum frames are still Canadian made.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 12:58 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
I'm not sure if anything is actually made in Canada. But Rocky Mountain, Norco, and Devinci are the two biggest players. Evolve is a newer smaller company out of Squamish, and I would assume they make their stuff overseas as well. Norco Range in both 27.5 and 29 are good options. Rocky basically has three options in the Slayer, Altitude, and Instinct BC Edition. Devinci Spartan's are also pretty rad.

Thats 3

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
Add another vote for Rocky Mountain: Altitude, Instinct BC, Pipeline or Slayer. I ride an Altitude (and 1999 Element which I rode this morning) and absolutely love how well they ride after years of abuse and little to no maintenance. The Element frame was welded in Canada, but I think my Altitude’s carbon frame came from Taiwan and was assembled in Canada.

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
Banshee rune ...absolutely love mine, it is tough and handles like a dream.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 8:54 Quote
drpmstrdan wrote:

I second Banshee Runes! They're a great company to deal with as well.

photo

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
drpmstrdan wrote:

Are they even Canadian anymore? I tried to buy one back in 2016 and had no luck. I demo'd one at Outerbike in Moab, and it was just the bikes MRP happened to be using to demo their forks. Every dealer listed in BC on their website said they had stopped dealing with them the year prior because they were not able to supply bikes or live up to promises made. One shop gave me the email and phone number of the person to talk to and I called/emailed many times and never got a call back. Last I heard, they had moved their business away from Canada and were moreso operating as a direct-to-consumer in New Zealand or something? They have a dealer listed as my local shop and the shop guys say they've never carried their bikes. Super weird.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 9:34 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
drpmstrdan wrote:

Are they even Canadian anymore? I tried to buy one back in 2016 and had no luck. I demo'd one at Outerbike in Moab, and it was just the bikes MRP happened to be using to demo their forks. Every dealer listed in BC on their website said they had stopped dealing with them the year prior because they were not able to supply bikes or live up to promises made. One shop gave me the email and phone number of the person to talk to and I called/emailed many times and never got a call back. Last I heard, they had moved their business away from Canada and were moreso operating as a direct-to-consumer in New Zealand or something? They have a dealer listed as my local shop and the shop guys say they've never carried their bikes. Super weird.

I did notice something strange, but I do speak with the frequently and they're very active. I saw on Jenson USA that it looks like they're getting their current inventory out and I haven't seen much restocking done if at all. Maybe I'll ask them because I was hoping to get my hands on a Legend when they come out with the new 29" version.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
herodirtmedia wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:
drpmstrdan wrote:

I did notice something strange, but I do speak with the frequently and they're very active. I saw on Jenson USA that it looks like they're getting their current inventory out and I haven't seen much restocking done if at all. Maybe I'll ask them because I was hoping to get my hands on a Legend when they come out with the new 29" version.

Yes I noticed they have lots of action over at Jenson. I'm wondering if they're clearing out all their stock and not going to be stocked in shops anymore. Or perhaps folding their business in North America? I just took a look at their website and it's the same as it was 3 years ago when I was looking at their options. Looks like the bike I wanted is the same and hasn't been updated, either. So while I don't know for sure, I don't think Banshee counts as a Canadian made company anymore given that you can't buy their bikes here other than ordering from an American company (Jenson).

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
There are still Canadian, since 2018 have a dealer direct supply chain model which i think kinda eliminates alot of online suppliers but leaves room for lbs to get better access to them

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
i have the exact same build buuut... in raw red-black looks great
herodirtmedia wrote:
drpmstrdan wrote:

photo

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
drpmstrdan wrote:
i have the exact same build buuut... in raw red-black looks great
herodirtmedia wrote:
drpmstrdan wrote:

photo

I did this with a decal kit from Slik Graphics! I made a video for it on my channel and I'll be posting content with my Banshee if you're interested (shameless plug). Beer

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015568
Mobile Version of Website