Bronson V3 Shock Set Up, More Progression

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson V3 Shock Set Up, More Progression
Previous Page |
Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
I know the V3 Bronson is advertised as having a plush "V10 style link" but I'm finding it bottoms out a bit too often with 25-30% sag. The very end of the stroke doesnt have much fight in it. Has anyone played around with volume spacers? Is there any in the shock as stock?

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 14:42 Quote
The Super Deluxe on the Bronson ships with three volume spacers in it. The leverage ratio at end of stroke is pretty much the same as it is at the start of stroke so it's really close to 0% progression. We are currently working on a link that will add 12% progression to the Bronson's suspension. That will hopefully fix issues people are having with bottoming out so often.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 16:33 Quote
CascadeComponents wrote:
The Super Deluxe on the Bronson ships with three volume spacers in it. The leverage ratio at end of stroke is pretty much the same as it is at the start of stroke so it's really close to 0% progression. We are currently working on a link that will add 12% progression to the Bronson's suspension. That will hopefully fix issues people are having with bottoming out so often.

Very helpful reply thanks. Youve earned an instagram follower. The linear nature of the linkage explains why they dont recommend coil shocks on the Bronson.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!

Yeah with a coil on it it has to be over-sprung to keep it from bottoming out a lot and that makes the small bump sensitivity get a lot worse.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
I gather a "gnar dog" (ludicrous name) spacer can be fitted in place of one of the standard 3 spacers which is equivalent to 2.5 normal spacers. This may well help. Assuming the superdeluxe standard shock is fitted.

Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 5:27 Quote
Or try the megneg. Smile

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 5:21 Quote
Im also interesting in peoples settings. I have the rct
95kg
about 230psi
factory tokens, 3 I think?
rebound 3 or 4 from slowest, any faster & it bucks.
lsc 1 or 2 from open, any more seems harsh.

Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 22:30 Quote
Got a v3 Bronson xl with the super deluxe r.
Stock 3 tokens. I weigh 180lbs, shock is set @ 180psi. Have ridden it in 10psi increments from 150 to 220. I find it best right around body weight.

Rebound at 5 clicks in from full open. (4 out from slow, I guess?) Any faster and the bucking on ledgy climbs annoy me.

Have had a bottom out or two on the shock based on the o ring, but didn’t feel it at all while riding. Those were from airing off big ass rootballs into chunder. Haven’t done any bike park riding this season, so can’t speak to how it handles the that type of riding.

Still messing with the fork a bit, cuz I feel the fork and shock aren’t completely balanced yet.

It’s taken a bit of time to come to terms with the way it climbs. Initially it felt harder to climb on than I thought it should. But pretty quickly I was clearing most of the hardest technical climbs that usually stump me. The climbing traction on this bike is so awesome. I think part of the climbing feel problem is I’m on an xl aluminum bike. It sure ain’t light.

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 0:08 Quote
utas wrote:
Got a v3 Bronson xl with the super deluxe r.
Stock 3 tokens. I weigh 180lbs, shock is set @ 180psi. Have ridden it in 10psi increments from 150 to 220. I find it best right around body weight.

Rebound at 5 clicks in from full open. (4 out from slow, I guess?) Any faster and the bucking on ledgy climbs annoy me.

Have had a bottom out or two on the shock based on the o ring, but didn’t feel it at all while riding. Those were from airing off big ass rootballs into chunder. Haven’t done any bike park riding this season, so can’t speak to how it handles the that type of riding.

Still messing with the fork a bit, cuz I feel the fork and shock aren’t completely balanced yet.

It’s taken a bit of time to come to terms with the way it climbs. Initially it felt harder to climb on than I thought it should. But pretty quickly I was clearing most of the hardest technical climbs that usually stump me. The climbing traction on this bike is so awesome. I think part of the climbing feel problem is I’m on an xl aluminum bike. It sure ain’t light.

Strange. My Super deluxe R has only 6 clics of rebound . I understand that yours had 9 clicks ?

Posted: Jul 28, 2019 at 15:12 Quote
Just double checked on that. 8 clicks of rebound, so 9 settings. I’m running 5 out from full fast. Sorry for any confusion.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 0:35 Quote
You mean 5 in from full fast? Or 5 out from full slow?

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 6:31 Quote
There is only one way to turn the dial from full fast. I’m pretty sure you can figure it out.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 8:40 Quote
You mean 5 IN from full fast then. Clockwise. Correct terminology matters.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 0:23 Quote
I have just bought the MegNeg for my V3 bronson CC to try and address this issue!! I’m currently around 95kgs in riding gear so hoping I get some good results!

I’ll try and update once I’ve had a few rides on the new setup

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
set up so far

280psi, 2 bands in MegNeg, 2 Volume Spacers, 30% Sag, Rebound - 3 clicks in, Low Speed Comp - Open

Went for a quick ride and it feels quite nice, Plenty of Mid support, didn't hit anything big but It looks like I am not using much travel. I have about an Inch left of travel so I am thinking of Removing 1 Volume Spacer and seeing if that has any effect.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009995
Mobile Version of Website