2011 brass build

PB Forum :: Giant
2011 brass build
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 16:53 Quote
I'm going to need abit of help with a new project build I have on the go , used to do a nice bit of biking as a teen but mostly norco and specialized and this frames got me asking a few questions before I go ahead and start ordering parts any and all help would be appricated .

Head set /head tube- just on inspection I notice the head tube is mightily bigger and is almost like a bearing race on it's own , would I need to get a headset to go inside or just bearings and a race and good to go ? Would a 1-1\8th cane creek zero stack fit or what kind if a set up am I looking at ?

Suspention - with said headtube would I be alright purchasing argyles off the bat ? Should u have any worrys with the forks steertuve or would I require a reducer ?

Geometry - should i worry about frame geo to much ? I am looking at running a 24 in the rear 26 in the front and suspention in looking at 100 mm or 120 mm forks for sure , I dont know if parts got better with the times but I seen a few people loose there frace via frame snappage /part failure....

Building this frame from the ground up and located in Canada so any set up suggestions and any help is more then greatly appriciated

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 5:38 Quote
It depends if the fork tube is tapered or not, not too familiar with argyles but for my fox floaters I needed to purchase the headset adapter.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008796
Mobile Version of Website