Gloveless riders rejoice! ODI long neck single clamp lock-on's.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Gloveless riders rejoice! ODI long neck single clamp lock-on's.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 7, 2019 at 19:46 Quote
Been waiting years for this. Anyone who has ridden BMX has definitely used the old single-ply version of these at some point. The undisputed GOAT grip is now MTB ready.

Link:
http://odigrips.com/store/bmx/bmx-products/longneck-lockon-135mm

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 5:19 Quote
Took them long enough!

I used to like the longnecks, but then the fins would loose their strength over time (just got softer), and it would then be pretty useless ... I had those slip on with some glue and safety wires as the external lockon was a bit no for me

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 7:43 Quote
Ploutre wrote:
Took them long enough!

I used to like the longnecks, but then the fins would loose their strength over time (just got softer), and it would then be pretty useless ... I had those slip on with some glue and safety wires as the external lockon was a bit no for me

Wear happens to all grips, but the longnecks will serve you better over its life than any other (especially if you despise gloves). Deity knuckle dusters came close, but not quite. I can't wait to put these longnecks on!

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
How much difference is there between the Longnecks and the Sensus Swayze (which are double clamps)? The Swayzes feel amazing.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
How much difference is there between the Longnecks and the Sensus Swayze (which are double clamps)? The Swayzes feel amazing.

Not sure. I'm using sensus lite v2.1 now and my hope is that the longnecks will be larger diameter/thicker fins. Hopefully a twin of the old bmx grips i remember from way back.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
FIRST RIDE:

The best way I can describe these grips is they have a similar mushroom pattern thickness/size to the Deity Knuckledusters, but softer, and WAY more sticky.

The bar-ends where your hands sit are very soft, they feel exactly like the same soft rubber as the mushroom pattern in the middle of the grip.

The small flange did NOT interfere with my shifter/dropper post levers in any way.

Expect to see these things ranked as the best MTB grip on random product review sites for the next year or more. They are seriously perfect.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
I'm nearly 8 hours of riding time on these now and won't ever use anything else in the foreseeable future. Absolutely brilliant. ODI really needs to market these to MTB riders, not just BMX.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004568
Mobile Version of Website