Smallest 29er Frame

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get my fiance a bike but we're having trouble finding the right size bike. She is 5'2" (157cm) and fits very comfortably on an XS frame. However after demoing a bike with 29" wheels she fell in love with the way it rode. I've been looking into brands that run small and it seems like the Santa Cruz/Juliana Hightower/Maverick might be the best bet right now. Anyone else know any mid travel 29ers that run small? For reference the size small Trek Fuel ex 8 was still way too tall for her to touch the ground with ease.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 4:50 Quote
What kind of travel are you looking for? The small Ibis Ripley would fit her to a T. I'm 5'0" with a short inseam and find the standover is just a hair to big for me, but seems great for anyone 5'1" +. I would consider selling. It has less than 10 rides on it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
dirtlady wrote:
What kind of travel are you looking for? The small Ibis Ripley would fit her to a T. I'm 5'0" with a short inseam and find the standover is just a hair to big for me, but seems great for anyone 5'1" +. I would consider selling. It has less than 10 rides on it.

I was hoping for a mid travel, something around 130-140 rear travel would be ideal. Did you have a price in mind for your ripley?

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 8:04 Quote
Pivot Switchblade?

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 8:10 Quote
Ibis touts the low standover on the Ripmo as well.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 20:33 Quote
The Ripmo fits 5'0".

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008507
Mobile Version of Website