should i move to Kelowna or Nanaimo?

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
should i move to Kelowna or Nanaimo?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 20:54 Quote
I've got an opportunity to go to school in one of these two cities this fall but my heart is torn. i want the island vibe and ease of access, but i'll miss my pow turns.
is the riding in kelowna good enough and accessible enough to justify moving inland from the coast? help!

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 18:21 Quote
Kelowna has amazing biking and skiing, Revy is not far either. Cost of living is high and traffic is brutal in summer though.

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 19:54 Quote
I used to live in Kelowna and did not exactly enjoy it. I love visiting there and riding though. But as an islander I would have to vote for Nanaimo. Either way you get bikers and strippers. Win win!

Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 22:06 Quote
I assume you have a car? If so, there are a few spots to ride in Kelowna. Trails are pretty good. Not epic but there is decent riding down the street in Vernon and Penticton as well. Definitely enough to keep you from getting bored. Kamloops, Revi, Golden, Nelson, Rossland are all within 4 hours and make unbelievable weekend getaways. Retallack is also quite close by and a once in a lifetime type spot to visit.

And the skiing......I haven't bothered going skiing since moving back to the coast. The snow isn't worth it. If it is a short stint, try something new. The island isn't going anywhere and Nanaimo isn't exactly the crown jewel of Vancouver Island (no offense to Nanaimoer's).

One solid vote in the Kelowna column.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 19:07 Quote
There is some pretty epic places to ride on the Island not far from Nanaimo. Whistler is a ferry ride away. Just my 2 cents.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 20:03 Quote
thanks for the input guys. i've decided kelowna, because it is basically a complete unknown, and because i really miss winter. and i am coming back to van next summer to work anyways Wink

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
I used to live in Kelowna and did not exactly enjoy it. I love visiting there and riding though. But as an islander I would have to vote for Nanaimo. Either way you get bikers and strippers. Win win!

We have strippers?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009857
Mobile Version of Website