Difference between 2019 Boxxer SELECT, RC, WC and Ultimate

PB Forum :: Downhill
Difference between 2019 Boxxer SELECT, RC, WC and Ultimate
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 0:45 Quote
Anyone?
The Sram website is pretty vague.
I think they're all air sprung and all have some version of the Charger bladder style damper, but beyond that I can't tell.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
I'd say Select is the new RC model.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 12:03 Quote
Select has Charger RC damper (bladder)
World Cup has Charger 2 (RC2) damper
Ultimate has Charger 2.1 damper I think
RC is last model year version of what is now Select?

Select doesn't have pricing so it might be OEM only version of the RC from last year.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 6:08 Quote
There's a new verion of the Rc, the Rc DebonAir.
It has Debonair air spring instead of a coil but also the charger damper that was on the old Team and also pike/lyrik... It's an old damper but waaaay better than the Motion Control that was on the previous Rc.
I don't know if the select is the same fork or a oem only version, in that case it could have a different chassis maybe? But i don't think it has a coil spring, and hope it doesn't have the Motion control damper...
Anyway, i haven't find any review of this new rc/select fork.
I think it could be a good option if it comes stock on a new bike, because it's in the pricepoint of the old rc, so huge upgrade at the same price.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
From a bit more searching and sifting, I think that the 2019 Boxxer RC and Select are the same fork? Still not 100% though, as they are listed separately on the Sram website

https://www.sram.com/en/search?t=Boxxer

Hmmmm they have different part codes, but identical product descriptions.
Same story with the Ultimate / World Cup

How did things get so confusing?!

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 14:08 Quote
Sram website says that the ultimet has got charger 2.1 rc2 , world cup has the charger 2 rc2
Rc the charger 2 rc and Select the rc damper
Chassis should be the same
I have the charger rc on my pike (2015) and works ok for me, should be good as entry level.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 21:53 Quote
Any 2019 Boxxer can have the Charger 2.1 damper upgrade. If it's cheaper... I'd buy the Select and put the 2.1 in it.

Or...

Send an email to Marzocchi and find out if the Grip2 fits in the new Bomber 58.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 1:42 Quote
yzedf wrote:
Any 2019 Boxxer can have the Charger 2.1 damper upgrade. If it's cheaper... I'd buy the Select and put the 2.1 in it.

Yeah this also occurred to me.
Strangely the difference in RRP of the forks is more than the cost of just upgrading the Boxxer Select to Ultimate internals. Bit weird

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 4:53 Quote
In another thread someone suggested me to buy an old Boxxer Team and get a custom damper, there are a lot of small companies who do that, with specific valving for your weight and style. If you buy the fork used and then upgrade you won't spend much more and the fork is supposed to work better.
Depends if you trust those companies and if you find a good used fork or a deal on a new (old version) one...

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
IllestT wrote:
yzedf wrote:

Yeah this also occurred to me.
Strangely the difference in RRP of the forks is more than the cost of just upgrading the Boxxer Select to Ultimate internals. Bit weird

Same here. Strange! $1309 + $375 versus $1699. I can get a custom damper from Avalanche for $449. Don't see the point of the Ultimate if I'm buying just a fork.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022417
Mobile Version of Website