Allrounder - Trek Remedy 8 vs Santa Cruz Bronson

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Allrounder - Trek Remedy 8 vs Santa Cruz Bronson
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 9:36 Quote
Hello fellow riders,

Couldn't find a similar topic so here I go. Want a allrounder, basically a do it all bike (aware of compromises). Budget varies (from 2500 to 4500 euro) but am type of a guy to not waste money without a good reason. Riding easy downhill/enduro stuff, trails from time to time. Climbing would be a positive but mainly it has to me get up a hill .. how fast is not that important.

Currently between Trek Remedy 8 (2800 euro) or SC Bronson C in S kit (4400 euro). Any suggestions which is the better pick? Also feel free to suggest a different bike.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
Not ridden either but if the new bronson is anything like the new nomad you won't be dissapointed. It's almost a good allrounder itself, so a slightly lighter shorter travel version should be excellent.

They seem a bit expensive but you can tell the quality when you look at it, pick it up, ride it, wash it and but it to bed.

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 2:38 Quote
fielonator wrote:
Not ridden either but if the new bronson is anything like the new nomad you won't be dissapointed. It's almost a good allrounder itself, so a slightly lighter shorter travel version should be excellent.

They seem a bit expensive but you can tell the quality when you look at it, pick it up, ride it, wash it and but it to bed.

Haha Big Grin it's indeed gonna be my precious. Thanks for the reply. I'll wait for few more of those to get a good overview.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 19:49 Quote
From what I hear, the Bronson is a little more ground huggy And the remedy is a little more poppy and playful. Having ridden a remedy, I can at least say that that half is very true

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
The Bronson feels more like a mini dh bike, and it does do dh very well, but still pedals quite well. The Remedy is super playful and still a beast on the descents.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 22:15 Quote
Recently got myself the Remedy8, super playful and very forgiving. Climbs well, cockpit initially feels a little cramped, outside of that I can't fault it.
Haven't ridden the SC but out of my price range anyways.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
MarkPdeBeer wrote:
Recently got myself the Remedy8, super playful and very forgiving. Climbs well, cockpit initially feels a little cramped, outside of that I can't fault it.
Haven't ridden the SC but out of my price range anyways.

What size did you get and how tall are you? At 5'10" I found the 18.5 cockpit cramped feeling, ended up on a 19.5 which felt perfect.
Found the large Bronson fit me similarly.

pistadago wrote:
Hello fellow riders,

Couldn't find a similar topic so here I go. Want a allrounder, basically a do it all bike (aware of compromises). Budget varies (from 2500 to 4500 euro) but am type of a guy to not waste money without a good reason. Riding easy downhill/enduro stuff, trails from time to time. Climbing would be a positive but mainly it has to me get up a hill .. how fast is not that important.

Currently between Trek Remedy 8 (2800 euro) or SC Bronson C in S kit (4400 euro). Any suggestions which is the better pick? Also feel free to suggest a different bike.

I have a remedy and have ridden the Bronson.
in the climbing I must say that I feel the remedy more capable, and the pedal setting on the rear shock is excellent, works as adviced.
Going downhill, when doing jumps the Bronson pre-charges a little better, making you feel that you can go really big on the jumps, the remedy takes a little more input from the rider to make it fly... again, just a little.

The comparison probably would be better if you put the two bikes on a same priced level, because you are comparing a 2800 eur vs a 4400 eur kit. Alu vs Carbon.

Probably going for the remedy 8 and dropping the other part of the budget on a Float X2 would put the bike on another level, since you already have an excellent Lyrik fork.

I tested both the Remedy 9.8 and the Bronson. I think a lot of that comparison depends on your local trails. The Bronson felt longer and lower, I got more pedal strikes climbing and it wasn't quite as adept at switchbacks and such. The flipside is it was really plush and stable and was very easy to ride fast downhill. The remedy was a lot more comfortable climber on tighter trails- the remedy can set a good pace descending but I do think the Bronson felt a little more comfortable pointed fast downhill. I picked a Remedy because I think it's a little more comfortable as a heavy duty sort of trail bike/all arounder. I think if I lived in one of those areas where you tend to climb up fireroads then go down singletrack, or you're doing a lot of parks or shuttles I'd lean toward the Bronson.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Went with Trek Remedy 8 as my bike of choice. It's like a big BMX, so digging the playfulness and overall versatility. Think Bronson would be good too, but decided to buy the cheaper option as my first proper FS - still learning stuff so Remedy will be better for that.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014419
Mobile Version of Website