Are people really going for electric parts? Are they really the future?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Are people really going for electric parts? Are they really the future?
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 21:55 Quote
gmoss wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
gmoss wrote:
How long has it been since we actually had cables connecting the gas pedal to the engine in our cars? There will come a day, maybe not 5 years, but it will happen.

Willing to be most auto drivers have no idea about this. Nor do they care. Mountain bikers are different than most people though, and they care and actually think about their equipment...again unlike most auto drivers.

they don't care because it is no longer anything to worry about. it is as common as anything else. same reason you don't question why your bike comes with disc brakes instead of V brakes. That was my point and thanks for helping me make it. Wink

No, because literally most of the people driving cars take it for granted and have no real concept of what it is propelling them forward, let alone that there ever was something called a throttle cable.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 4:56 Quote
Same can be said for bikes. There was a group in the time that it changed, that did discuss, complain, question the change. May have been more among mechanic types, which is likely for bikes as well. Plenty of people riding bikes that don't understand the mechanics, know, or want to work on them. They buy what they like and ride it. Broaden your mind and think outside your own experience and here on pinkbike. I saw it with dirt bikes. Many could ride and ride fast, and many of those could not change their own oil. They would not know if a bike was carb'd or injected.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Same can be said for bikes. There was a group in the time that it changed, that did discuss, complain, question the change. May have been more among mechanic types, which is likely for bikes as well. Plenty of people riding bikes that don't understand the mechanics, know, or want to work on them. They buy what they like and ride it. Broaden your mind and think outside your own experience and here on pinkbike. I saw it with dirt bikes. Many could ride and ride fast, and many of those could not change their own oil. They would not know if a bike was carb'd or injected.

I feel most people riding mountain bikes realize there is a cable there, and a chain connecting the drive to the rear wheels. It's right there in front of you, where everything on a car is hidden out of sight. I'm sure there are some people oblivious to it all, you could say that about literally just about anything mechanical.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008923
Mobile Version of Website