2019 Jeffsy XXL Owners?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
2019 Jeffsy XXL Owners?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2019 at 23:41 Quote
How does it ride, climbing, descending and general trail riding?

Would you buy it again?

How does it compare to other bikes you have ridden?

I’m 6’5” 240lbs ready to ride. I’m looking at the Pro Race. I have been riding an Anthem 29er for the last 6 years. Had a 5Spot for 4 years before that.

I want a bike that climbs well and is stable in the dh chunk. I’m not a big jumper but expect I could improve considering the Anthem is not the best for that.

Also looking at a Ripmo, SB130, and Genius.

Any feedback appreciated.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 14:25 Quote
I'm 6'4" 210 and have the XXL. CF Pro.
It's an awesome bike. Great climber, bombs the downhill. Very stable feel but still playful enough for me.
I'd get the XXL again for sure!

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 2:03 Quote
schultzj01 wrote:
I'm 6'4" 210 and have the XXL. CF Pro.
It's an awesome bike. Great climber, bombs the downhill. Very stable feel but still playful enough for me.
I'd get the XXL again for sure!

Thanks for the info. What previous bikes have you had and how does it compare?

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 2:55 Quote
I’m 6’5” 205 and ride the 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race XXL. I have a 38” inseam so ride with a ton of seat post extension. I love the way the bike fits, descends and handles technical uphills and downhills. It is comfortable on climbs but my actual times on it are still slower than on some other bikes I’ve ridden, which I’m chalking up to the tires. I ride 280 psi in the shock and 90 in the fork with their stock volume reducers so you might have trouble getting sag dialed in at your weight. I think the dpx2 max pressure is 300. I bought the Jeffsy after also demoing a Strive and a Ripmo.

Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 5:35 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
I’m 6’5” 205 and ride the 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race XXL. I have a 38” inseam so ride with a ton of seat post extension. I love the way the bike fits, descends and handles technical uphills and downhills. It is comfortable on climbs but my actual times on it are still slower than on some other bikes I’ve ridden, which I’m chalking up to the tires. I ride 280 psi in the shock and 90 in the fork with their stock volume reducers so you might have trouble getting sag dialed in at your weight. I think the dpx2 max pressure is 300. I bought the Jeffsy after also demoing a Strive and a Ripmo.

How did it compare to the Ripmo?

I’ll have to some research on the sag at my weight.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
I rode the Ripmo 8 miles on a trail I know really well and have probably 300 miles on the Jeffsy by now, so comparison isn’t exactly fair. With that said, I felt the Ripmo maintained speed better in the climbs but didn’t feel as well balanced on the downhill off camber corners. To me, the front end felt too slack. Also, the Ripmo is obviously much more expensive and doesn’t come in XXL.

My Jeffsy has some niggling problems that I’m still working out. I switched to an XTR 12 speed chain to stop it from jumping to harder gears when backpedaling and I still have excessive drag from the e thirteen crankset that I can’t seem to tune out with their adjuster. Also, the cables creak inside the frame. I expect to work these issues out but I’ve had more quirks with the Jeffsy than I had with my Traver T275, Salsa Spearfish, Bronson Gen 1, Mojo HD and Mojo.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2019 at 23:54 Quote
I should also add that my technical riding and descending got instantly better when I got the Jeffsy and I’m now keeping up with guys who used to wait for me. It’s a great bike and if they had a straight Shimano or SRAM drivetrain my only quirk would be squeaky cables.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:04 Quote
IMO the size you want would depend on your inseam and arm length. I'm 6'4", 204 lbs, 36" inseam and I feel that the XL is perfect. I considered getting the XXL but I already notice the Xl does require me to shift my weight and body position fairly far forward to get my weight over the front end when cornering. I chalk this up to the 485mm reach on the XL. It does not feel too long but it definitely is a lot longer than most other bikes out there and is way longer than the 2014 Trek Remedy XL I used to ride.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
I don't own a Jeffsy yet, but I demo'd an XXL 29 Pro Race a few months back.

I'm 6ft 3in and currently ride an XL Vitus Escarpe with 495 reach and 665 ETT so the XXL Jeffsy at 660 ETT felt almost identical when seated.

The Jeffsy has 32mm more stack, but I'd been meaning to go with a higher rise bar on my bike anyway.

I was expecting the XXL to feel huge but it really didn't. Plus, on an XL I'd need a 250mm dropper post for it not to look stupid!!

My demo bike
photo

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:

Max PSI on the DPX2 is 350psi. On the Float X2 it's 300psi on the newer 2019+ style air can as well so 260lbs OP should be OK on either shock. Note that the 230x65mm length DPX2 can only handle up to a 0.4 spacer, but the Jeffsy is progressive enough (and so is the DPX2 in general) that it should be fine for him.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2019 at 5:59 Quote
Good morning all,

I am currently riding a Jeffsy AL 29" 2016 in size L and I am looking for Jeffsy CF 29" 2019.
I'm 1.88 meters (6'2"), in my current size L is too short (I should have taken an XL ...).
YT recommends a XL from 183cm to 193cm and an XXL from 192cm to 202cm.

My current L, with a 60mm stem, gives me a theoretical seat / handlebar distance of 671mm.
The XL with a 40mm stem, the distance would be 671mm too.
And the XXL with a 35mm stem, it goes up to 687mm.
I think 680mm would be a good theotic value, the saddle will make the final fit.
FYI, the reach between an XL and an XXL is only 20mm difference.

Here is a comparison of geometries versus sizes.
- RED: Jeffsy AL 29 "2016, L size, wheelbase 1178mm (current bike)
- GREEN: JEFFSY CF 29 "2019, XL size, wheelbase 1244mm (+ 66mm vs current)
- BLUE: JEFFSY CF 29 "2019, size XXL, wheelbase1266mm (+ 88mm vs current)

photo

The dimensions are top tube length (TTL), stem, TTL+stem and wheelbase.
The common origin being the rear wheel.
XXL is only 8mm longer with a 35mm stem (vs 50mm for the XL).

So I'm looking for help and advice, depending on your size and what you're riding to choose between an XL and an XXL.
The TTL seems ok in XXL but the wheelbase vs my current Jeffsy seems crazy ...

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 5:34 Quote
One side effect I experienced of going from an XL Tracer to an XXL Jeffsy is that the more stretched out riding position on the Jeffsy put more pressure on my hands and caused some numbness in my forearms. I addressed the problem by going with a shorter stem and narrower, more shock absorbent bars,

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
Thank you for your answer.
Can you give me more details about your stem/bar setup?
How tall are you?
What kind of trails do you ride? The long wheelbase is not a problem?

Sorry for my bad English, I use google translate...

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2019 at 11:43 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
Can you give me more details about your stem/bar setup?
How tall are you?
What kind of trails do you ride? The long wheelbase is not a problem?

Sorry for my bad English, I use google translate...

I ride mostly on loose, rocky, natural trails in San Diego, CA and the Jeffsy rips corners downhill and I haven't noticed any challenges on technical climbs. I don't notice the wheelbase at all. I do notice the low stack height of the Jeffsy XXL--- The XXL stack at 638mm is 20mm lower than some other XXL bikes and about 30mm lower than I would have ideally at my height. They also only leave about 20mm spacers under the stem, so you can't add spacers accommodate.

I'm 6'5" with a 38" inseam and switched from the stock Jeffsy 29 Pro Race 800mm wide, 30mm rise bar and 50mm stem to an Enve M6 780mm wide/20mm rise bar and Enve 40mm stem. Shortening the cockpit and switching to better-damped bars mostly solved the numbness problem for me, although I could have used a 40mm rise handlebar at my height.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2019 at 9:33 Quote
6'5 ", no doubt that the XXL is the good one.
Still not fixed on the right size for my 6'2 "...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011307
Mobile Version of Website