2019 Jeffsy XXL Owners?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
2019 Jeffsy XXL Owners?
O+
Posted: Dec 9, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
Hello,

What is the model of your Jeffsy and his weight?
What are the specs (origin or upgrade)?

Thank you

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 13:10 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
Hello,

What is the model of your Jeffsy and his weight?
What are the specs (origin or upgrade)?

Thank you
I received my CF PRO 29 "XXL: 14.1kg
Weight with inner tubes and pedals.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
Any of you XXL guys on the 27.5, or have ridden it to compare to the 29er?

Posted: Jan 26, 2020 at 19:22 Quote
Marcencinitas wrote:
I’m 6’5” 205 and ride the 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race XXL. I have a 38” inseam so ride with a ton of seat post extension. I love the way the bike fits, descends and handles technical uphills and downhills. It is comfortable on climbs but my actual times on it are still slower than on some other bikes I’ve ridden, which I’m chalking up to the tires. I ride 280 psi in the shock and 90 in the fork with their stock volume reducers so you might have trouble getting sag dialed in at your weight. I think the dpx2 max pressure is 300. I bought the Jeffsy after also demoing a Strive and a Ripmo.

Pardon my dragging up an old thread...but any chance you know your seat height. I’m 6’7” and am trying to figure out if an xxl will work for me.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 19:39 Quote
Jlschrrs wrote:
Marcencinitas wrote:
I’m 6’5” 205 and ride the 2019 Jeffsy Pro Race XXL. I have a 38” inseam so ride with a ton of seat post extension. I love the way the bike fits, descends and handles technical uphills and downhills. It is comfortable on climbs but my actual times on it are still slower than on some other bikes I’ve ridden, which I’m chalking up to the tires. I ride 280 psi in the shock and 90 in the fork with their stock volume reducers so you might have trouble getting sag dialed in at your weight. I think the dpx2 max pressure is 300. I bought the Jeffsy after also demoing a Strive and a Ripmo.

Pardon my dragging up an old thread...but any chance you know your seat height. I’m 6’7” and am trying to figure out if an xxl will work for me.

34.5" seat height (center of BB to top of saddle at clamp) for my 38" inseam. It just worked with the stock 150mm transfer. Ideally the stack (and steerer tube length) would be 2 CM higher than it is, but the bike fits me better than any other MTB I've ridden.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2020 at 4:39 Quote
Question for Jeffsy XXL with carbon frame:
What is the maximum seat post length that can fit into the frame?
Thank you

O+
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 7:59 Quote
What would you guys recomend, I'm 6'4, and thinking about buying a jeffsy, you'd go XL 29 or XXL 29?
Thanks

O+
Posted: May 1, 2020 at 8:46 Quote
martibroxi wrote:
What would you guys recomend, I'm 6'4, and thinking about buying a jeffsy, you'd go XL 29 or XXL 29?
Thanks

I'm 6'5" and love my XXL Jeffsy. I wouldn't want a bike with any less reach. What I noticed about the longer bike was that I had more room to apply body english on technical climbs. My first rides on it were in Sedona and I was cleaning features that seemed impossible on the XL Tracer T275 I used to ride. I'm also taking high speed loose corners faster than before and I think it's because I'm more centered on the bike.

I went from slightly lagging behind my friends to staying with them. I think the shorter bikes I used to ride were holding me back.

Posted: May 7, 2020 at 17:49 Quote
Hey guys, I'm almost 6'3 and I'm looking at the base 29, but still can't decide if I should get the XL or the XXL. Is there a risk of feeling like it's too big and losing too much maneuverability in tight singletrack?

Posted: May 17, 2020 at 10:25 Quote
larg wrote:
Hey guys, I'm almost 6'3 and I'm looking at the base 29, but still can't decide if I should get the XL or the XXL. Is there a risk of feeling like it's too big and losing too much maneuverability in tight singletrack?

I'm interested in this as well. I'm 6 ft 3 and have a 1/2 inch longer wingspan. YT recomended sizing up to XXL. I ordered one it'll be here in 3 days per FedEx. I'm sort of thinking it'll feel too big but we'll see when I get it together. I had to drive quite some distance just to go try a few bikes to compare for when it arrives. 2019 Rocky Mountain Instinct BC. 2020 stumpjumper and 2020 rocky mountain instinct. Those all felt great and the jeffsey xxl has a longer reach. as nice as those bikes felt now I'm leaning towards sending it back and getting the xl after trying demoing those other bikes but it's a couple months out from being in stock in the xl. The instict bc felt. the most comfortable for me. If the jeffsey xxl feels too big I'm leaning toward sending it back and getting the instinct bc if it's still available.

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 8:02 Quote
Hi all the jeffsey xxl came in. I feel it's a little big. Again I'm 6ft 3. I talked to YT and they're confident this is the best size for me. I've only tried xl size bikes with less reach though so I feel more stretches out like I can't get my bodyweight to far back. My gut tells me the XL would feel better.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18721768

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18721766

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18721770

O+
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 9:36 Quote
See your photos: think XXL is the good size.. .

Posted: May 20, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
Pere-U wrote:

Thank you checking them out. Glad you were able to see the photos as they don't show up like other pics do in these threads. Ill have to do some more digging before trying posting pics again.

I think I'm warming up to the size. Just feels like a really big bike for me but the reach would feel good especially on the climbs. I just worry that I can't get my bodyweight very far back when I want to compared to the couple bikes I tried. I may commit and take it out on the trail and give it a go. Otherwise I may send back and order a xl canyon al 5.0 or pickup that 2019 Rocky mountain instinct bc xl as the xl size jeffsey is 2 months out as of yesterday.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 10:43 Quote
OldJussi wrote:
Pere-U wrote:

Thank you checking them out. Glad you were able to see the photos as they don't show up like other pics do in these threads. Ill have to do some more digging before trying posting pics again.

I think I'm warming up to the size. Just feels like a really big bike for me but the reach would feel good especially on the climbs. I just worry that I can't get my bodyweight very far back when I want to compared to the couple bikes I tried. I may commit and take it out on the trail and give it a go. Otherwise I may send back and order a xl canyon al 5.0 or pickup that 2019 Rocky mountain instinct bc xl as the xl size jeffsey is 2 months out as of yesterday.

What size dropper is that? Doesn't look like your seatpost is high enough for starters, I'm 6ft 3in and have masses of post showing on a XXL 29er jeffsy. This is a 150mm drop post:
photo

2nd, what bike are you coming from? If it's anything more than a few years old, it will feel MASSIVE for a while, but you'll get used to it.

At 6ft 3in, XXL is the correct size Wink

O+
Posted: May 20, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
OldJussi wrote:
Hi all the jeffsey xxl came in. I feel it's a little big. Again I'm 6ft 3. I talked to YT and they're confident this is the best size for me. I've only tried xl size bikes with less reach though so I feel more stretches out like I can't get my bodyweight to far back. My gut tells me the XL would feel better.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18721768

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18721766

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/18721770

You need the link with the .jpg at the end, then click the photo button on the post page.

photo
photo
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013845
Mobile Version of Website