What hobbies have you picked up to stay busy during recovery time?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
What hobbies have you picked up to stay busy during recovery time?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 13, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
I broke my scapula, and looking for ideas to stay busy while healing.

Posted: Jul 29, 2019 at 5:11 Quote
I mostly did stuff that I had been putting off due to riding. Brushing up my web development skills was the main one.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
If mtn bikes are your only hobby. I envy you. I guess whatever you are capable of doing.... maybe binge watching netflix could be a hobby.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
Broke my collar bone oct 2018, broke my pinky finger this week....

Reading. Lots of reading. I also like learning languages, so i can catch up on some studying. A few movie nights downtown, and lots of walks through my trails to see them from a different perspective

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 8:31 Quote
I had 6 weeks off with a double hernia op at the start of the year, used the time to raw and polish a frame. I broke my wrist at the weekend and now have another 6 weeks to kill. Not sure what I'm going to do this time, I can't drive and don't live close enough to my trails to try one armed trail building. lol

Posted: Sep 23, 2019 at 7:19 Quote
What else can you do with a broke hip and collar bone but watch B/W re-runs of Paladin "Have Gun Will Travel"

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
I ended up Hiking/walking around to scope building options I've wanted to look at. Walking trails I've only ridden was an interesting perspective. Reading was another time killer that is always for me when the suns out. Back on the bike, and feeling good.,

Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 4:21 Quote
It might be fun to study a foreign language- I personally love doing it! Make sure to decide if you really want to put the effort into learning an entire language though, it's only easy for a lite while.

You could read books, or maybe write some short stories of your own. There's lots of websites that you can post your works onto and get feedback on.

If you like art, spend some time sketching/painting/whatever. It might look sucky at first, but the more you do it, the better you'll get at it. My friend has a sketchbook she's had for over a year now, and when you flip through it, you can really see progress being made just because of how often she draws.

Many universities offer free courses online that you could take. I'm currently taking a course in astrobiology, and I think it's fun! Depending on the website, you may be able to get college credits or a certificate proving that you took the class.

Posted: Nov 5, 2019 at 0:29 Quote
So is having kids classed as a hobby? I suppose trying to conceive is one way of passing the time when you're injured. lol

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007454
Mobile Version of Website