Squeaky reaktiv rockshox..Anyone else?

PB Forum :: Trek
Squeaky reaktiv rockshox..Anyone else?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 15, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
Anyone else have this issue? This is on a fresh air can service as well that we thought it would take care of the issue. It slowly got worse until it was pretty constant only after riding for 10-15 minutes though. Shock is back at trek for a full service but was just wandering if anyone else experienced this issue.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
oh man, I went on my first proper ride with the Slash since getting it. Put the shock in pedal mode and it kept making this sound. Was yours in pedal mode too? I dont remember noticing it in the open mode, but you got me thinking if I should take mine back to the trek dearler

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
oh man, I went on my first proper ride with the Slash since getting it. Put the shock in pedal mode and it kept making this sound. Was yours in pedal mode too? I dont remember noticing it in the open mode, but you got me thinking if I should take mine back to the trek dearler

Mine started out doing it only in pedal mode and ever so slightly, but eventually it did it in all modes, I thought it was my pedal or my shoes or something. Got progressively louder and more common over about 100 miles. Only does it about 2 miles into riding if mostly uphill.

So when I took it into trek with the complaint multiple times they couldn't reproduce the sound. But they did a minor service on it but that still did nothing.

Last two rides it was ridiculously loud so I filmed it and said here it is!! So they sent it out for a full rebuild.

I have not exceeded the service time interval between last rebuild and this one. So it is getting a full rebuild at no cost to me.

I think I have about 5-600 miles on the shock

Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
Took all the air out and gradually filled to recommended pressure by cycling the shock every 25psi. Will see how it feels

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 12:14 Quote
Got shock back about a week ago. Finally got to ride it. No notes on the rebuild but squeak is gone. Odd thing is air pressure used to be about 215 to get 25-30% sag and now it is at 235...not sure if i was mistaken on my previous notes or something is weird. Im about 225 geared up...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007936
Mobile Version of Website